• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The atmosphere of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo & The Last Express

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2005-02-20

PM

Are they dark and spooky games or do their atmosphere remain in sunshine throughout the whole plot?

Thank you

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Rose Tattoo - the MOST detailed Sherlock Holmes of the bunch. However, it also means that you should be prepared to read a lot and arm yourself with patience to examine each scene and go through a lots of dialog. It’s not “sunshine” nor “dark and spooky”, it’s closer to a classic Sherlock Holmes mystery take.

The Last Express - spooky only at times, but I’d say the right word is - tensed. It’s a pretty unique atmosphere because everything happens regardless of your actions.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Guyper - 16 December 2013 06:48 AM

Are they dark and spooky games or do their atmosphere remain in sunshine throughout the whole plot?

Thank you

How old are you,I dont think you’re old enough to play either of these games.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Gabe - 16 December 2013 12:50 PM

How old are you,I dont think you’re old enough to play either of these games.

How come, both of these games are T rated!?

Nothing too explicit or disturbing in them.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I don’t think he meant it that way Sarcastic

@Guyper uhh I don’t understand you are looking for dark AGs ?.. both game you mentioned I can not think them ..dark , really.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

If you are looking for that kind of atmosphere you should definitely play Sherlock Holmes and the case of the serrated scalpel.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I don’t think OP was looking for dark and spooky, but simply wanted to know how dark or light Rose Tattoo and TLE are…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2005-02-20

PM

TimovieMan - 16 December 2013 04:27 PM

I don’t think OP was looking for dark and spooky, but simply wanted to know how dark or light Rose Tattoo and TLE are…

Yeah, that was my point. Thanks.

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 16 December 2013 07:00 AM

Rose Tattoo - ... you should be prepared to read a lot and arm yourself with patience to examine each scene and go through a lots of dialog.

You should also be an excellent darts () player.
Or be lucky enough to have Mr Bill () sending you a game saved right after the annoying darts part.

By the way, TLFoSH: TCotRT (The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Rose Tattoo) is NOT a spooky game. It’s just plain annoying at times (like most of the adventure games with STUPID action thrown in for bad measure*).

*Well, I can’t call it “good measure”.

Here’s a guy who would excel in TLFoSH: TCotRT:

Maybe.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The game has pity on its players. Pretty soon your opponent will start making one mistake after another. I managed to beat him, but it took some time.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top