• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2013 AGs played so far ..

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Night of the Rabbit (Great)
The Inner World (Great)
The Dream Machine: Chapter 4 (Great)
Lilly Looking Through (Very Good)
ASA: A Space Adventure (Very Good)
Memoria (Very Good)
Face Noir (Very Good)
Deponia III (Good)
Journey of A Roach (Good)
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1 (Good)
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded (Fair)
The Raven (Fair)
The Bum  (Fair)
Reversion: Chapter 2 - The Meeting (Not Bad)
The Inquisitor: Book 1 - The Plague (Bad)
Dream Chamber (Bad)
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within (Very Bad)

I think ASA- The Inner World- The Night of the Rabbit- Face Noir are the best this year have witnessed (imo) there are many I missed and still to come in the next 2 months so I keeping my fingers crossed .. but overall this year is not what I expected it to be (so far..)
there were many great high expectations going on for it but 2011 still a better one than this , may the next be greater.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I was really counting on Kickstarter and Jonathan Boakes (both of them didn’t make it this year), so I only played Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (Disappointingly Bad), The Cave (So-so) and Fester Mudd: Episode 1 (Lost me halfway with its heavy dialogue). Very interested in ASA: A Space Adventure now, which I missed completely, but nothing else looks like my cup(

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Who cares?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Exactly!

Doom - 20 October 2013 09:59 PM

I was really counting on Kickstarter and Jonathan Boakes (both of them didn’t make it this year)

There are also many other AGs didn’t make and big possibility wont; such as Broken Sword, Quest for Infamy ,Moebius ,Alcatraz .. but maybe we ‘ll just have to wait and see

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The Cat Lady (good)
Larry Reloaded (okay but outdated)
Oknytt (okay but charming)
Gone Home (good)
Kentucky Route Zero Episode Two (great)
Deponia 2 (fun)
The Inner World (great fun)

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Advie - 20 October 2013 06:25 PM

I think ASA- The Inner World- The Night of the Rabbit- Face Noir

I agree except I haven’t played Face Noir so replace it with Kentucky Route Zero.

Overall a slightly disappointing year, compared with 2011 and 2012.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Advie - 20 October 2013 10:58 PM

There are also many other AGs didn’t make and big possibility wont; such as Broken Sword, Quest for Infamy ,Moebius ,Alcatraz .. but maybe we ‘ll just have to wait and see

I’m not a fan of Daedalic, but any of the first 3 would make a wonderful Christmas present. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to predict anything regarding KS projects…

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

On the PC I’m not playing any games made in 2013. I’m playing LOTS made before 2013.

On the VITA and NOW - finally PS3 I’ve got some excellent games released this year:

VITA:

Walking Dead - Season 1. (Great)

Machinarium (Great)

Jacob and Bigfoot (Great)

Corpse Party - Book of Shadows (Great)

Sweet Fuse (Great)

400 Days (Great)

PS3:

Beyond: Two Souls (Stunning Classic)

And yes, the VITA releases are 2013 with touch screen controls that make those games play wonderfully.

My adventure game of the year…...Beyond Two Souls.

25 million dollar budget, sold over 300,000 copies when released.

I know people who have never played an adventure game play that game and just love it.

Heart

For me - 2013 is a great year….

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zifnab - 21 October 2013 07:28 AM

I agree except I haven’t played Face Noir so replace it with Kentucky Route Zero.

am I missing something here, .. the non existent of the Voice over, kinda turned me of, but I am not sure! does it worth it? ..

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Advie - 21 October 2013 09:36 PM
Zifnab - 21 October 2013 07:28 AM

am I missing something here, .. the non existent of the Voice over, kinda turned me of, but I am not sure! does it worth it? ..

If you only like games with a voiceover you are missing out on a LOT of classic games.

Kentucky is a weird game, not to everyone’s taste. I like it.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Noo , not really, not with classics but with the newer choices available I would go for the one with,
but I will go for it , after Deponia

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - Still stuck about a third in. Need to finish it sometime soon. The part I played I really liked though.

Memoria - Much better that the original but unfortunately very uneven storywise. Still very nice atmosphere, good puzzles, fantastic art and a great ending. 4/5

Cognition ep4 - I actually quite liked this. It was fast paced, exciting and it all led toa terrific climax. I admit that it didn’t really feel like a whole episode but rather the end of one but still I think Cognition ended in a pretty good manner. 3.5/5

Gemini Rue - Dark, moody and very deep and involving. A sad, emotional tale, masterfully told. A masterpiece. 5/5

Resonance - I Currently playing this one. I’m about two thirds in. The story is nice enough but the characters aren’t very well developed and the gameplay is just horrible! Half the time I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do and even when I find out I’ve got no idea how to do it. I don’t think I’ve ever consulted a walkthrough as often as I have on this game. I might be nice if you grew up playing text adventures and like games like Myst but I seariously hate this game. I will try to finish it as I’m already past the halfway mark and I hear the ending is quite something but personally I think this game is way overrated.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I haven’t got a complete list of all the games I have played this year, but I have played quite a few, both almost all the new released and some older games. I could probably reconstruct such a list, but I am too lazy do do that.

The highlights this year for me has clearly been The Dark Eye: Memoria and The Stanley Parable. As I see it they are clear candidates for respectively Best Traditional Adventure and Best Non-Traditional Adventure for the 2013 Aggie’s.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 22 October 2013 01:44 PM

I haven’t got a complete list of all the games I have played this year, but I have played quite a few, both almost all the new released and some older games. I could probably reconstruct such a list, but I am too lazy do do that.

That is a Subject isn’t it?, games you leave halfway, and mostly they will stay like this forever? .

Lazy come on you could have mentioned something about The Inner World at least, you did pay me back with it after my advice for haunted Wink

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 22 October 2013 01:53 PM

That is a Subject isn’t it?, games you leave halfway, and mostly they will stay like this forever? .

Lazy come on you could have mentioned something about The Inner World at least, you did pay me back with it after my advice for haunted Wink

I only rarely leave games halfway through, and yes I could have mentioned “The Inner World” but then I would also have had to mention “Cognition” or “Night of the Rabbit”!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Iznogood - 22 October 2013 01:44 PM

The highlights this year for me has clearly been The Dark Eye: Memoria and The Stanley Parable. As I see it they are clear candidates for respectively Best Traditional Adventure and Best Non-Traditional Adventure for the 2013 Aggie’s.

I’ve been playing the Stanley Parable for the past two hours and it’s a fantastic experience. It’s not on AG’s main page, it’s not in the database. I did a search and came up with nothing. The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead are there, so why is the Stanley Parable being ignored?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top