• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Knite & the Ghost Lights

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

A fascinating adventure soon to be on its last week (now last few days!) in Kickstarter, Knite & The Ghost Lights:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2011341880/knite-and-the-ghost-lights

Hand-made (absolutely gorgeous) Tim Burton animation-esque graphics (in my opinion, no one there has made the comparison as far as I’ve seen), “unique use of lighting that plays an integral part in gameplay and puzzle solving”, it’s apparently a side-scrolling adventure/platformer. Interestingly originally planned as a point&click;, but then they decided a faster pace would make it more engaging so they made it more action-adventure. Still, it promises lots of puzzles and exploration, so it should be of much interests to AGers too Smile

It’s got 8 days left right now, with a bit less than [s]20,000$[/s] 10k needed to fund, but I’m at least really excited about it and really wish it gets funded.

(Seeing as it started as a p&c and still seems to have an emphasis on puzzles, I put this in Adventure, but if that’s wrong then go ahead and move this)

(Edit): Funded!

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I can’t believe there’s no interest! This is one of the most fascinating games I’ve seen in a while. I’d expect a lot more interest especially here Smile The graphics are beautiful, they’ve already stated that it’s very story-driven, it should have very interesting gameplay and puzzle mechanics…

So, I have to keep advertising as it’s got only a few days left, with a generally meager 13,000 $ to go. And you can get the game + soundtrack for only 10 bucks! It really needs a last-minute boost, but it’s definitely within reach.

Even if you don’t want to pledge, maybe spread the word? A lot of people find it by accident since it’s not getting much publicity, but people always seem fascinated by it.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

Wow, this one looks right up my alley, can’t believe I didn’t notice it sooner. Thanks for the heads-up Uptimist.

My financial state right now doesn’t allow for anything more than 10 bucks but I am also spreading the word around. This needs to happen, it looks super-cool and the guys behind it seem ok. Hope there is enough time for them left on the clock.

No good deed goes unpunished

Total Posts: 5597

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I like the looks of the game, Uptimist, but I wish they had stuck with their original idea of making it an adventure game instead of an action/platformer.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 October 2013 09:06 PM

I like the looks of the game, Uptimist, but I wish they had stuck with their original idea of making it an adventure game instead of an action/platformer.

Sure, I totally get that (and quite agree, too) - this being Adventure Gamers and all Grin However, luckily it doesn’t seem to be so much an action platformer as it is more… adventure platformer Smile I mean, they’ve said it’s got an emphasis on story and puzzles, so it should still please most adventure gamers, too. But of course it’s not as appealing to an adventure gamer as a pure p&c… And at this point it isn’t so sure yet how actiony or adventurey the game will, there’s been very little gameplay shown.

Anyways, I’m glad I found some interest here! Kickstarter projects are always such a matter of just the right balance in creating the project, goals and tiers etc. and enough luck in getting the word out there…

Less than 10k to go now Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Looks lovely, need to check it out when I get home.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I think this looks quite interesting, and I just may back this. I used to play lots of platformers when I was a kid, like Another World, Flashback, Prince of Persia and the like. But as I can recall, these games had story and puzzles in them, not just the mindless jumping and killing the platformers the kids are playing today have. I don’t get why publishers thinks no one likes to think anymore.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

This looks hella interesting. Backed Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Nice to see this funded. I still put up my 10$ to get a copy when it’s out.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Yay, I’m very happy to see this funded Smile Also means I won’t have to go upping my pledge because I really didn’t have much money to spare anyways…

Sure got a huge boost in the last few days, you can see in Kicktraq how the backer amounts just went through the roof in a few days.

Well, still some hours to go, it’ll be interesting to see where it ends up!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top