• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

“Papers, Please” is.. not deserving

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

I see this game getting raving reviews, with ratings that equal those of the most important games in the history of gaming and I can’t help but wonder if it’s a knee-jerk/Pavlovian response of raters for games “that are good at what they do”, however small what they do may be.

And I mean, yes, “Papers, Please” is “good at what it does” but it does nothing more than the function of a simple flash game, like a mini game in a bigger game, and even if what it does in its little microcosm is done well, it does not deserve in any way a rating that rivals that of the most important games in the history of gaming, and that even shows on my personal experience, I liked it at first, I found it addicting (in the short term) but in the end it was short lived and much less satisfying than other games.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

it gave me a bunch of hours of entertainment. It has a depth and pacing that kept me on edge at every corner wondering what was going to pop out next. Its puzzles are clever, different, and engaging. It has excellent replay value with moral choices that feel like they matter. It has a bunch of eastereggs and humorous scenarios. And to top it all off: for a videogame it tackles a unique and relevant story topic, not an easy topic to approach.
yeah.. its “good at what it does”.. which is everything except for graphics. And the graphics suit it just fine.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I agree,it deserves more than many mainstream games that gets great rating coz of looks and sounds.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top