• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DinahPenceLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which one to play first: Gemini Rue or Resonance?

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Okay so as it turns out I only have one day of free time this weekend and as such I was looking for a game I could finish in a day. I chose either Gemini Rue or Resonance as they’re both short and they best fit the description of the kind of game I’d like to play this weekend. Which is:

“A sci fi adventure that’s bleak and depressing but at the same time contains real heart and real human characters. Preferably with minimalistic overtones”

From what I’ve read both Gemini Rue as well as Resonance fit the bill and aparently both are really great. I’d love to play them both this weekend but as I only have one day I’ll have to decide which one to play first. And it might be a while till I get round to the other one.

So which one do you guys think most fits the description I gave above?

Would love to hear

Thanks in advance.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Resonance isn’t really bleak and depressing. Nor is it really sci-fi, beyond some vague, magical tech that can bring about THE END OF THE WORLD being used as a plot device.

I personally prefer Resonance, because it’s brilliant gameplay-wise and about on the same level as Gemini Rue story-wise (although I guess you could say GR’s hits its story’s emotional beats a bit more effectively), but Gemini Rue definitely fits your description much better.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Having reread both reviews I think you’re right. Gemini Rue it is then. Resonance sounds great as well so I’ll definitely get round to it at some point. It will most certainly take some time though. As next weekend I’ll be at my parents’s and not play any game whatsoever. And after that I think I’ll start DA:O. Which I’ll hopefully finish before Christmas because then I want to play BS5. Also I still have to play The Raven and am anxiously awaiting Moebius. Plus I also still want to play Tomb Raider Legend and Underworld. Oh and I hear there’s a new Blackwell game coming out as well.

I think I’ll go quit my job now…

PS: Can I hire you as my personal game advisor?

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Okay so I just bought Gemini Rue. Why is this interesting you ask? Because I bought it off flippin Steam! That’s right: I just bought a retro indie title at the most popular online game retailer in the world. How’s that for a good sign concerning AGs future?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

How’s that for a good sign concerning AGs future?

AGs have a very solid future. I’m playing Gemini Rue on my ipad mini right now and I have to say that the game is simply amazing!

I have a list of 54 other adventure games I’d like to play on the ipad that are for sale at itunes and this one so far has one of the most interesting stories I’ve seen in many a year.

I recall that this game has made many “best of” lists as well and now that I’m playing it I can see why.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

gray pierce - 01 October 2013 09:36 AM

Okay so I just bought Gemini Rue. Why is this interesting you ask? Because I bought it off flippin Steam! That’s right: I just bought a retro indie title at the most popular online game retailer in the world. How’s that for a good sign concerning AGs future?

So you bought a retro-style indie game off a service full of retro-style indie games?

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Jim Purcell - 02 February 2014 07:53 AM

So you bought a retro-style indie game off a service full of retro-style indie games?

Think you’re mixing up Steam & GOG, Jim.  Wink

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

gray pierce - 01 October 2013 08:21 AM

“A sci fi adventure that’s bleak and depressing but at the same time contains real heart and real human characters. Preferably with minimalistic overtones”

be sure to add primordia to your list if you havnt already played it, because it fits that description pretty perfectly (except for real human characters..haha..). And both Gemini rue and resonance are great games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top