• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What to play next?

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Just finished Memoria and absolutely loved it.Laughing  What shall I play next? I’ve recently done
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura, Face Noir, Testament of Sherlock, Lost Crown.

Is it worth me playing Dark Eye Chains of Satinav now that I’ve played Memoria?
How about Whispered World or Night of the Rabbit, are either of those as good as Memoria?
Or how about the Raven Legacy series? Or how about Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons? Though apparently it’s incredibly short? Which of those, or anything else, is the next ‘you absolutely have to play this!’ ?

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Whispered World and Night of the Rabbit are better than Memoria, but if you are still in the mode of Lost Crown, and Memoria better go to the Whispered World, no decent adventurer should miss it!..
Night of the Rabbit is one HUUGE game, haven’t remember playing a game such long (for a long while), it has that Teen mode but still one of the greatest mind buster games I witnessed lately .

Dark Eye Chains of Satinav, is fair, not deep as its Sequel but you should worry about the connection , you can play it anytime .

Raven(s) is so mediocre game, offer nice animation though but nothing more

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Advie - 29 September 2013 04:34 PM

Whispered World and Night of the Rabbit are better than Memoria, but if you are still in the mode of Lost Crown, and Memoria better go to the Whispered World, no decent adventurer should miss it!..
Night of the Rabbit is one HUUGE game, haven’t remember playing a game such long (for a long while), it has that Teen mode but still one of the greatest mind buster games I witnessed lately .

Dark Eye Chains of Satinav, is fair, not deep as its Sequel but you should worry about the connection , you can play it anytime .

Raven(s) is so mediocre game, offer nice animation though but nothing more

Thanks Advie. Interesting about Raven, I thought it was meant to be very good. Guess I can put that on the backburner, same as Dark Eye. I do like big games that last ages. I made Memoria last over 3 weeks. Hmm, so, Whispered World or Night of the Rabbit.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Roman5 - 29 September 2013 05:02 PM

I made Memoria last over 3 weeks. Hmm, so, Whispered World or Night of the Rabbit.

The Whispered World - Absolutely!!!
Night of the Rabbit is only a so so game imo.
Chains of Satinav is also quite good, and obiviously very similar to Memoria (as it is the prequel).

And yes The Raven is only a mediocre game at best.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 29 September 2013 05:59 PM
Roman5 - 29 September 2013 05:02 PM

I made Memoria last over 3 weeks. Hmm, so, Whispered World or Night of the Rabbit.

The Whispered World - Absolutely!!!

This!

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Can’t ask for higher recommendation than that. The Whispered World it is then!
Thanks chaps. Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yer welcome Roman,but promise you will also try Edna & Harvey: The-Breakout (that if you haven’t already.. could it be?Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2013-09-18

PM

I agree with The Night of the Rabbit, great game! a good game for mobile is “The Year Walk” great game, based on Nordic Myhtologi =)

The Blue Code - Game in Development

#TheBlueCode
FaceBook

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I agree - “The Whispered World.” - I’m looking forward to this game after hearing all the hype.

Wink

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Advie - 29 September 2013 08:59 PM

yer welcome Roman,but promise you will also try Edna & Harvey: The-Breakout (that if you haven’t already.. could it be?Shifty Eyed

Graphics look horribly simplistic on that. But I might give it a go.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Roman5 - 30 September 2013 08:03 AM
Advie - 29 September 2013 08:59 PM

Graphics look horribly simplistic on that. But I might give it a go.

True. I avoided E&H for a long time because of the uninspirational artwork. If you can get past it though, there’s a really great game underneath and Harvey is one of adventure gaming’s coolest sidekicks Smile

Still, I think The Whispered World is Daedalic’s best title. Should not be missed.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Dag - 30 September 2013 08:51 AM

True. I avoided E&H for a long time because of the uninspirational artwork. If you can get past it though, there’s a really great game underneath and Harvey is one of adventure gaming’s coolest sidekicks Smile

I also almost completely missed E&H because of the graphics, but I’m glad that I didn’t. It is a great game, though very different from the other games from Daedalic.

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

I’ll definitely try it then. Seems to be a lot of Daedalic games! 
I’m really out of the loop with so many games, lot of catching up to do. There’s another Daedalic game called ‘A New Beginning’, 4 star rating on AG. Looks like my kind of game too, with cool graphics! Who’s played it and did you like it?

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/1727

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

A New Beginning is also not a bad game and I did like it, but it is probably one of the weakest games from Daedalic. Personally I would put it at the bottom of my to-play list of Daedalic games.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I liked A New Beginning a lot, but the voice acting is very dull. It’s a good game, but not Daedalics best.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 30 September 2013 10:17 AM

A New Beginning is also not a bad game and I did like it, but it is probably one of the weakest games from Daedalic. Personally I would put it at the bottom of my to-play list of Daedalic games.

Dag - 30 September 2013 12:02 PM

I liked A New Beginning a lot, but the voice acting is very dull. It’s a good game, but not Daedalics best.

I will add my voice to Dag and Izno .. its an OK game, but not up to Daedalic games, maybe from another other Dev would had been little more appreciated , as it hold nice puzzles and gameplaying moments .. but there something dull and boring about the whole game, its the only Daedalic game that I left behind for a long while, and then just out not leaving it undone I had to go through it to finish .

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top