• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Playing Any Horror Adventure Games for Halloween - I’m playing Black Mirror 3 and Lone Survivor

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Black Mirror 1 is definitely a classic; not scary in the people-who-squeal-on-youtube-while-playing-Amnesia sense, but having a great atmosphere of desolate, decaying places out of time I have yet to see in another game.

Unfortunally, I could easily do without BM2 and BM3. They messed the original game up with the ‘modern’ story, boorish hero etc.

So if you want to play Black Mirror, I recommend the first one!

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

Advie - 27 September 2013 10:42 PM
Mikekelly - 27 September 2013 10:20 PM

Tis the season for spooky games - I’m playing 2 really good ones:

1) The Black Mirror 3 - a modern classic if there ever was one. I’m having an amazing time with this one. I’m playing this one on the PC.

BM3 is in my top-10-AGs of all time ..  Thumbs Up

Same here, LOVE that game. In fact, I love all three of them. Such a great feeling when I even think about the games.

I think I’m going to play Relics: Dark Hours, Phantasmagoria 2(Again), Gabriel Knight 2, Harvester, Black Dahlia (if I can get the patch to work), Lone Survivor, and a few of the Carol Reed games (murder mysteries, but not necessary the best for Halloween.)

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

Try this too…..........

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2534/

The developers said during installation to play in dark silent room alone….........

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Mikekelly - 28 September 2013 07:47 AM

The Black Mirror averaged 3 stars, The Black Mirror 2 - 3.5 stars and The Black Mirror 3 got 4 stars - rave reviews in fact.

Huh. Really? I would have put the exact opposite. They got weaker as they go along for me. Maybe it’s because I played them in order. BM1 was great, absolutely gripping stuff. BM2 very entertaining but starting to get tedious in the puzzle area, and less interesting characters. BM3 was when it became just a little predictable and less interesting in the story, with a lot of silly gore scenes, and puzzles about the same quality as BM2 or worse. It also seemed really short.

I’m not really clear about who made what and why. From what I understand, Future Games (Czech company) made the first then Cranberry (German?) took over. Dumb decision anyway whoever made it, it seems Cranberry is now dead, probably from making too many dull games.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

We have to agree to disagree on the Black Mirror series. Some like the first better, Some like the third better. Some even like the 2nd Black Mirror game.

I say - play them all and decide for yourself. Foe Halloween, they are the perfect adventure games to be playing.

I myself prefer “The Black Mirror 3” - but that’s me.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Zifnab - 06 October 2013 07:24 AM

Dumb decision anyway whoever made it, it seems Cranberry is now dead, probably from making too many dull games.

I’ll take it you’re not aware they’ve made TLCOZ. Tongue:

Zifnab - 18 November 2012 05:49 AM

This game is excellent. I just finished it and it will definitely end up in my top 5 of the year, at the very least. Great writing, very pretty graphics, and good puzzles. Only downside is it could have been more challenging but I don’t mind so much because the puzzles were really well done.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/showt/viewthread/115/P30

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

any news about what is after Cranberry and Deck13 merging together ? ..btw

Total Posts: 5600

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m playing Scratches for the first time.  I started it tonight and have explored most of the house, picked up a few things, finally found my room, and put my heavy suitcase and typewriter down.  The atmosphere is creepy and already has me looking over my shoulder. Gasp

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I might pick up Scratches, this game sounds like a perfect game for Halloween play.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I was hoping to play The Last Crown. But now that it is delayed, I’ll probably replay Gabriel Knight 3. It feels like a perfect Halloween game to me, even though it’s not strictly a horror. I really like the way it ties elements of history, mystery, vampires, Freemasonry, religion, etc. altogether, resulting in a moody, atmospheric adventure.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

To me, Gabriel Knight 3 did seem a little spooky - but that just added to the overall atmosphere of the game.

I would say that Gabriel Knight 3 is the perfect Halloween game to play.

Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

I wish GK3 was remade as a point and click. That interface is impossible.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 5600

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Mikekelly - 08 October 2013 09:36 PM

I might pick up Scratches, this game sounds like a perfect game for Halloween play.

Heart

It’s definitely spooky and suspenseful, Mike, plus it’s a good mystery.  I have this approach-avoidance thing going on right now where I want to find out more but I’m really afraid of what I’ll find.  I was making nice progress tonight but had to quit and distract myself a bit or I won’t get any sleep.  Gasp

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Captain Blondebeard - 10 October 2013 12:12 AM

I wish GK3 was remade as a point and click. That interface is impossible.

Well, it is point and click - unless you count camera movements. But what is a 3D game without full control of the camera? Personally I think it’s one of the best interfaces for such type of game.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The interface in GK3 is a little clunky and not as user friendly as other games I’ve played.

I did get through the game however and enjoyed it.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top