• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

adventures game which can be modded

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2013-07-23

PM

hi

I want to know adventures game which can be modded or we can make mods or custom stories etc.i know Amnesia: The Dark Descent game can be modded.please tell others game mods and where i can find it

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The guys behind Scratches and Asylum have their engine available for use.

That’s Kinda modding.

http://www.senscape.net/dagon/

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Rather than trying to mod an existing game, why not just pick up AGS and start playing around with it?  Seems like that would be the more productive route.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Lambonius - 24 September 2013 06:23 PM

Rather than trying to mod an existing game, why not just pick up AGS and start playing around with it?  Seems like that would be the more productive route.

Still, it’s an interesting question - one ever hears of mods for FPSs and RPGs (and on a rare occasion for something else).

(But of course if one wants to create one’s own games, it’s probably usualy better to play around with AGS or some such engine)

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

I had been wondering about this before too. If Modding existing adventures is possible.

As Lambonious suggested though, I’d eventually want to go all out and try out making something on AGS.  I’m not sure how steep the learning curve is though, I don’t really know any programming (outside of basic html and programming music sequences, :p lol) 

Someday I’ll give it a shot. I have so many ideas of stories and settings.  I think there needs to be more scifi/cyberpunk/space-age set adventures. We really don’t need more kings quest clones, why won’t more people make some space quest type clones instead?  I want to make hero’s quest in a distant post apocalyptic future!!! Grin

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

UPtimist - 25 September 2013 03:56 AM

on a rare occasion for something else

Also driving games now and then comes with editors. Stunts is history, now days Trackmania series is a good example.

Manually modifying assets can also be modding. Quite a few games assets are easily changed. Good example of small modding is ShinjiGR’s respectable work translating non-English games.

But modding tools in adventures - haven’t come across. As adventures are mostly story driven games, I suppose its harder to justify the need.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Best Mod involving an adventure game i’ve ever seen was this one..

I want to play the whole game in that engine.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Lucien21 - 24 September 2013 12:01 PM

The guys behind Scratches and Asylum have their engine available for use.

That’s Kinda modding.

http://www.senscape.net/dagon/

I will add that, shortly after Asylum is released ([s]eventually[/s] [s]in this current reality[/s] as soon as we can), we will provide an SDK that will allow users to create their own stories based in the Hanwell Institute. This means you will be able to reuse all the graphics in the game, and even add your own, as you see fit.

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top