• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Damn it’s all falling apart for Wales.

0-2

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Lucien21 - 06 July 2016 04:09 PM

Damn it’s all falling apart for Wales.

0-2

They are definitely missing Ramsey.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

It has fallen , uk curse

Bale committing foul, frustrated

Damn

That freekick by cr7 almost, almost

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Congrats wilco,

Great effort by your team, and they missed plenty of chances too

Could have been 3 goals atleast

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

We actually won a game in the 90min and are going to the final!!!!!!!
Good game, defense was solid even without Pepe, midfield also controlled things for most of the game and actually to score goals in a couple of chances. Wales was definitely missing Ramsey, still Bale managed to get some scary outside shots.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

congrats Portugal, for the Cup! if God wills Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ronaldo to finals, Messi to jail. Grin (sorry, it’s not true of course, but it’s funny)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

nomadsoul - 06 July 2016 04:48 PM

Congrats wilco,

Great effort by your team, and they missed plenty of chances too

Could have been 3 goals atleast

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I agree that Wales was missing Ramsey. Bale seemed to be entirely without backup and neither Robson-Kanu and Vokes looked stranded.
Wales did seem to be in control at one point in the first half, though.

Portugal did ok without Pepe. And Ronaldo’s free kick was probably his best of the tournament so far (still not a good one, though).

Portugal beats Not-Belgium ( Grin ) and is through to the final.

Wilco, no offense, but tonight’s match is imo what the final should be and I think that whoever wins tonight wins the tournament. I just don’t see Portugal beating either France or Germany.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 07 July 2016 04:20 AM

Wilco, no offense, but tonight’s match is imo what the final should be and I think that whoever wins tonight wins the tournament. I just don’t see Portugal beating either France or Germany.

By quality of the football I would say Germany-Italy was the real final. France didn’t impress very much until the Iceland battering. Portugal had a coach that knew what he was doing and that helped a lot, and of course, some luck is always involved.

As for the final, no doubt we will be an underdog with not much chance, with Germany or France. Even the track record is terrible against both teams in tournaments. Completely different scenario from our only final 12 years ago against Greece.

nomadsoul - 06 July 2016 05:27 PM

Messi messed up tax

http://www.squawka.com/news/barcelona-and-argentina-star-lionel-messi-handed-21-month-prison-sentence-over-tax-fraud/717406

Being millionaires and still still trying to rob more… I don’t get it

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 07 July 2016 05:47 AM

By quality of the football I would say Germany-Italy was the real final.

Apart from their first match against us, Italy hadn’t been that impressive either. And neither is Germany, to be fair.

Anyway, the Germany-Italy match was more interesting for football coaches and analysts, than it was for actual football fans, imo.

Portugal had a coach that knew what he was doing and that helped a lot, and of course, some luck is always involved.

Given your European Championship track record of late, it can’t be all luck.

1996: Quarter-final
2000: Semi-final
2004: Final
2008: Quarter-final
2012: Semi-final
2016: Final

I see a pattern there. Expect a quarter-final in 4 years. Tongue

I tend to assume carelessness and blind trust into a not-so-reliable accountant in cases like this. I doubt it’s pure malice.

Nicolas Cage handled that well, imo. He pleaded guilty, got off with a HEFTY fine, and played any movie he could for a couple of years to pay off the fine and back taxes. I think he even went into therapy to curb his spending problems.
In contrast, Wesley Snipes pleaded not guilty, got thrown in jail and found himself without a career afterwards.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 07 July 2016 05:47 AM

http://www.squawka.com/news/barcelona-and-argentina-star-lionel-messi-handed-21-month-prison-sentence-over-tax-fraud/717406

Messi blaming his father, could be the real culprit.
Should have opened them fake companies in tax haven like Caymanislands.

Money or babes is sumthing these lowlifes cant get enough of.
Messi caught for more money fraud.
Cr7 caught for more babe action fraud even though he had them irina thighs Tongue

Hope Africans win today, bets are on.

Edit

@tim

Wesley was outcast before that,

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Racism-Affecting-Denzel-Washington-Career-According-Sony-Emails-68747.html

African, no pun intended, thats the way in hollywood.
He had attitude too.
Same reason of attitude apllies to Tim olyphant.
So its pr plus color issue.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 07 July 2016 06:24 AM

Given your European Championship track record of late, it can’t be all luck.

1996: Quarter-final
2000: Semi-final
2004: Final
2008: Quarter-final
2012: Semi-final
2016: Final

I see a pattern there. Expect a quarter-final in 4 years. Tongue

Now that’s a cycle I wouldn’t mind to keep going (but with a final win Smile ). Unfortunately the World Cup record is more irregular. Still can’t complain because before 1996 Portugal only qualified to the World Cup and Euro once.
It’s because of a focus in the academy in 90’s that led to winning the World Cup under-21 twice (Figo generation). After this Euro there’s probablty going another restruturation like after 2006 since the team is getting old (mostly in the defense and attackers), Ronaldo will probably play the next World Cup and next Euro but not at the same level.
Btw, Ronaldo tied Platini for best scorer ever in Euro with 9 goals, not bad!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I said Africans win today, just found out match is on friday.

Pan

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top