• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New York-related games

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I might be visiting New York (and perhaps some other cities along the East Coast) for the first time, and that made me re-think of some NY scenes/games - the first thing that comes to my mind is Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon:

and perhaps I’ll try to find the exact same spot at Manhattan Grin

Still Life would be another one, but I’m sure there’re plenty of more. Which ones can you remember (not strictly connected to New York, but neighboring cities as well)? Also, I’m interested what adventure companies were/are based in this area?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

diego - 02 September 2013 07:55 PM

Hey diego…..Isn’t this one of those stealing/warez sites lol

Edit:  Glad you used a different site Wink

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

To help you get to the spot in Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon, here’s a map from Manhunter: New York. You can thank me later Laughing

Total Posts: 98

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

Yesterday, Law&Order; series, Overclocked, The Moment of Silence, Jack the Ripper (the 2004 one), Art of Murder series, Ripper, The Dagger of Amon Ra.

Madre de Dios, es el Pollo Diablo!

Total Posts: 5604

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You won’t find that exact place in NY, Diego, mostly because there are a lot more vehicles and people.  If you do get across the pond and want some advice as to what to see, let me know.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Haha, yeah, that part of Time’s Square is quite different now.

Bt

Total Posts: 2994

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 03 September 2013 12:38 AM

You won’t find that exact place in NY, Diego, mostly because there are a lot more vehicles and people.  If you do get across the pond and want some advice as to what to see, let me know.

You did search for it too I see…. Tongue

As for any NY games, I recently finished Face Noir.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Let me add The Shivah and the Blackwell games: Dave Gilbert is a proud New Yorker…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Fahrenheit

Also http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28260

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

Shameless plug, but the Blackwell games all take place in New York and use several real-world locations (like Washington Square Park and the High Line). So when you finish you can go visit them. Smile

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

DaveGilbert - 03 September 2013 08:33 AM

Shameless plug, but the Blackwell games all take place in New York and use several real-world locations (like Washington Square Park and the High Line). So when you finish you can go visit them. Smile

Speaking of The Shivah…...where can I find that shul in NY…..lol

@Diego:  Contact LadyK.  New York is her backyard.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

And let’s not forget The Superhero League of Hoboken, which takes place in a post-apocalyptic version of NYC’s environs with brief excursions into the city itself.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great additions, everyone! Thumbs Up  I totally forgot Fahrenheit is set in NY, and Moment of Silence, Overclocked… are on my radar for some time. And the setting of The Superhero League of Hoboken sounds interesting, I just hope it isn’t as hard as The Space Bar Grin

Lucien21 - 03 September 2013 03:44 AM

Also http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28260

I KNEW there was a previous NYC thread Shifty Eyed but couldn’t find it

If you do get across the pond and want some advice as to what to see, let me know.

Sure, if I manage to get the bloody visa Shifty Eyed Tongue

You won’t find that exact place in NY, Diego, mostly because there are a lot more vehicles and people.

Hehe… I hope to find Mr. Kiscolon’s secretary, at least, so I can get the refund for her getting on my nerves Grin

Not a bad idea, but in my case it might the vice versa - first, I’ll visit those locations, and then I’ll play the series ‘cause I’ve been planning to anyway Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2013-07-02

PM

Bonsai - 03 September 2013 10:10 AM

Speaking of The Shivah…...where can I find that shul in NY…..lol

@Diego:  Contact LadyK.  New York is her backyard.

DaveGilbert needs to gear up and pump out more games,there’s not enough of his games to satisfy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top