• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How long are your gaming sessions?

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

millenia - 02 August 2013 04:00 AM

Seems like you don’t have to poo.

Having a hard time figuring out what this has to do with any of the other stuff you said Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 01 August 2013 10:04 PM

Tim,
I think you may find that your nearly-new family member will have a big say about your gaming/movie time. Wink

I’m fully aware of this. I’m trying to get as much gaming in as I can, while I still can… Tongue
Not that it’s helping much, though…

rtrooney - 01 August 2013 10:46 PM

And to the other Tim…start aquainting yourself with casual games. Once baby arrives, that is about all you will have time for. In small increments. Smile

No offense, but I was thinking more of acquinting myself with shorter gaming sessions out of necessity. HOGs don’t really interest me much… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 02 August 2013 07:18 AM

Seems like you don’t have to poo.

Having a hard time figuring out what this has to do with any of the other stuff you said Tongue

Oops, it’s meant to say “seem like you don’t have time to poo”. Though one could interpret the meaning without the word ‘time’ also, at least if they have experienced the same thing with kids. You know, as a parent for active toddler(s) one can easily learnt hat you can and are forced to live without breaks for eating or peeing and such.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TerminusEst - 01 August 2013 05:16 PM
Iznogood - 01 August 2013 12:32 PM

my record is a 32 hour long session playing Civilization, starting Friday evening and not stopping before early Sunday morning.

You what now… !!1! Gasp I’ve had my share of marathon Civ/Col/SMAC/MoM/MoO sessions but never anything like that!

I wouldn’t want to play 30+ hours without sleeping, I’m like a corpse then.

Well that was an extreme case, and the last 6 hours or so I was pretty much a zombie, but I have had plenty of 12-16 hours session, though not in the recent years. Also Civ is famous for being a “Just one more turn.. game” and then 5 hours later you still need just one more turn before you can stop and go to bed.

Kasper F. Nielsen - 01 August 2013 07:04 PM

For one I enjoy playing the few adventures released on the PS Vita in periods of no more than 10 - 20 minutes and then putting the console down again. Am I really the only one who’s weird like this and doesn’t have any special “immersion” gauge that needs filling? Tongue

I imagine it might be easier to play in short bursts on a handheld console, than it is on a PC. I mean it hardly seems worth the trouble to fire up a pc for just 10 or 20 minutes, but for handheld devices where you can lay on a couch, watch a bit of TV play for a few minuttes, watch some more TV etc. That makes more sense.

Zifnab - 01 August 2013 05:36 PM

Interesting question. If I had to guess I would say that a more patient, calm gamer would prefer Riven-type environments to spend hours immersed in the ambience figuring out puzzles in solitude, without dialogue or anything. I used to be hate those type of games before I learned to settle down for a few hours. Now I’m reading that people are playing 6-8 hours or more and I’m amazed!

If anything, it’s switched around for me. I used to be able to play something like DOTT or COMI for half the day, but now I can’t handle more an hour or so of dialogue-based gameplay. It’s like I get overstimulated or something.

It is somewhat similar for me, though I have always played in long sessions. But over the years I have become less patient with games that are very dialogue heavy, and more interested in games with high emphasis on puzzles and ambience.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top