• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

DanganRonpa Vita, SteinsGatePC and other Japanese Games Coming to West

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

DanganRonpa is PhoenixWright and VLR type game, music by MasafumiTakada of Killer7.
It has huge following now that Anime is coming and TranslationPatch already released.
High octane debates and culprit hunting gameplay with a twist (just discussing it with wiico last week).

Spike Chunsoft’s Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc PlayStation Vita game is a revised and revamped edition of the original title for the PSP that was released in Japan in 2010. In the game the player plays as Makoto Naegi, an average teenager who gets accepted into the prestigious Hope’s Peak Academy high school. When he arrives at the school, he and the students find out they are trapped in a battle of survival.

SteinsGate
Need no Introduction,
JAST USA just announced that they will be publishing the visual novel in English

Kara no Shoujo 2

Kara no Shoujo 2 is coming to the west. MangaGamer, who published the first game, announced that they’ve licensed the sequel at their panel at Anime Expo today.
Before they release Kara no Shoujo 2, however, MangaGamer will be releasing another of Innocent Grey’s titles—Cartagra, which takes place in the same world.

SweetFuse

Developed by the Idea Factory Otomate Studio, Sweet Fuse: At Your Side is the newest addition to a growing catalog of adventure titles published by Aksys Games. Featuring an eccentric cast, engaging puzzle mechanics, and numerous unique story segments, Sweet Fuse: At Your Side is your ticket to a wild and explosive adventure.

Other Japan AG news,
Ace Attorney Investigations 2: first two cases translated on youtube

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Chances are these will be digital downloads via PSN. Sweetfuse will be a physical game - one of the last for the PSP. I may be getting that one.

The VITA needs all the games it can get and these games should help fill out it’s librarey nicely.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2008-01-10

PM

I played the PSP fan translation of Danganronpa recently. Some flaws but a very good game overall. It’s definitely worth looking forward to - highly recommended for those that enjoyed the Ace Attorney series.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

On which platforms may we expect these? PC? PSP? DS? Other?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

TimovieMan - 09 July 2013 06:33 AM

On which platforms may we expect these? PC? PSP? DS? Other?

I didn’t think the PSP even got new games in the west any longer? DanganRonpa is a PS Vita exclusive. I’ve never heard of any of the other games before.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

By PSP I meant the Vita. Just like I meant 3DS. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-10

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 09 July 2013 09:19 AM

I didn’t think the PSP even got new games in the west any longer?

Sweet Fuse is coming out for PSP Wink

It’s an ‘otome’ game. Character and art is by Tatsuro Iwamoto - who also did character artwork for Ace Attorney.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Trickless - 09 July 2013 12:47 PM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 09 July 2013 09:19 AM

I didn’t think the PSP even got new games in the west any longer?

Sweet Fuse is coming out for PSP Wink

It’s an ‘otome’ game. Character and art is by Tatsuro Iwamoto - who also did character artwork for Ace Attorney.

Digitally or physically? Naturally a lot of Japanese PSP titles gets released digitally still, as that’s both a release on PSP and Vita at the same time.

If it turns out it’s a physical release of a PSP title in the west then I’d be surprised!  Tongue

Joined 2008-01-10

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 09 July 2013 02:05 PM

Digitally or physically?

Both Tongue

Slated for August 27th release.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 09 July 2013 02:05 PM

Digitally or physically? Naturally a lot of Japanese PSP titles gets released digitally still, as that’s both a release on PSP and Vita at the same time.

If it turns out it’s a physical release of a PSP title in the west then I’d be surprised!  Tongue

In the aksys forums I’ve read digital+UMD so I think there will be a physical release for the PSP.

Steingate and Kara 2 are PC I think

DanganRonpa will be released for the Vita but I’ve been playing the fan translation on the PSP (thanks for the recommendation), I’m still on chapter 1 but so far ir’s great, really feels like a mix between Virtue’s Last Reward (setting, characters, it even has a psycho teddy bear instead of rabbit) and Phoenix Wright (court action). You have to play it Timovieman Smile

Joined 2008-01-10

PM

It is a really good game, but I was even more impressed by the fan translation patch. They did an amazing job in editting the graphics and video, at times I found it hard to believe that it was done by a group of fans.

Having said that, I do want Danganronpa to sell well when it eventually comes out for Vita - it totally deserves it. Plus, it would give them more reason to localise the sequel.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

These Japanese style so rigid looks like thet’ll never try anything out of the box.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Trickless - 09 July 2013 04:04 PM

It is a really good game, but I was even more impressed by the fan translation patch. They did an amazing job in editting the graphics and video, at times I found it hard to believe that it was done by a group of fans.

Yes, from what I played it’s amazing attention to detail. I don’t know if it’s possible but the publisher should just hire them and use their work.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Trickless - 09 July 2013 04:04 PM

Just got over with it, amazing game, my new personal favorite series, infact my
one of my best adventure games.

Pros

-One of the Best VA in any adventure.
-Really well written( or i should say amazing translation job).
-Takada soundtrack takes the experience to another level, specially if you like
his style and familiar with.
-The gameplay mechanics are nice addition to adventure gaming, really refreshing,
keep non stop debate battles intense, really dig the Trial sections.
-Totally crazy at times, culprit identities and the meta culprit/game is total
WTF, crazy japanese game in a good way.
-Deep psychological story, with lots of multidimensional characters, who are not
what they seem.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Since I got into Visual Novels recently I’m looking forward to SteinsGate!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 18 July 2013 01:34 AM

Just got over with it, amazing game, my new personal favorite series, infact my
one of my best adventure games.

Pros

-One of the Best VA in any adventure.
-Really well written( or i should say amazing translation job).
-Takada soundtrack takes the experience to another level, specially if you like
his style and familiar with.
-The gameplay mechanics are nice addition to adventure gaming, really refreshing,
keep non stop debate battles intense, really dig the Trial sections.
-Totally crazy at times, culprit identities and the meta culprit/game is total
WTF, crazy japanese game in a good way.
-Deep psychological story, with lots of multidimensional characters, who are not
what they seem.

Currently at chapter 4, I like the non-stop rythm of the trials sections. Make it feel more urgent. But I have some problems with the way it sometimes develops but I have to wait for the end to see were it goes.

Does the presents giveaway gameplay affect anything in the game or it’s just a way to learn some backstory from the characters?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top