• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Xbox One

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 20 June 2013 04:59 AM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 20 June 2013 04:39 AM

I would hardly classify most Square Enix RPG-games as JRPG’s - or even really RPG’s for that matter. It’s mostly just uninteresting action games these days Neutral

But in general the PS4 will naturally be the place to go for JRPG’s unless Microsoft is making another push for some exclusive titles like they did (and failed to gain traction with) for the 360.

Yup no matter how much i Loved the FFXV trailer, it looked like Bayonetta more than
FF12 or 10. ATB and turn based is past. JRPG themesleves are much more in terrible
form than Adventure games and Platformers where former is revived by KS and later by nintendo. JRPGs are more close to SurvivalHorror genre now.

JRPGs this gen i remember are, Valkyria, Resonance of fate, Xenoblade,last story and Ninokuni etc.
FF13 has become joke, i wonder M$ will support and bring big JRPGs like Lostodyssey this time or it will be just some random moneyhatting. Persona moneyhat can make some Sony fans really mad though.

Can’t argue there, Square-Enix console JRPGs are just weird mixtures now, their most most promising stuff in the genre is on 3DS (Bravely Default). I doubt Microsoft will bother with moneyhatting JRPGs this gen, last gen got them nothing in Japan and the home console market is even in worse state there now.

Actually, the most promising JRPG shown at E3 was on the Wii-U - the Xenoblade team game.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Great stuff.

I still think many will see the PS4 more appealing though. Most of the games for Xbox 180, will be on the PS4 anyway and we all know Sony make good exclusives. The price difference between the two is still huge. Xbox 180 still lagging behind in some area’s.

By the way, Xbox 180 sounds better.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tad - 20 June 2013 06:18 AM

Sounds to me like it’s only half as good as the 360. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 20 June 2013 06:18 AM

Many have already started to use Xbox ONE-80 Smile

Oh the irony…just a week and total U-turn

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So Angry Joe is on the development team?!? Smile Smile

The backpedaling is amazing, I don’t remember seeeing something like it before a console release.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

nomadsoul - 20 June 2013 04:59 AM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 20 June 2013 04:39 AM

I would hardly classify most Square Enix RPG-games as JRPG’s - or even really RPG’s for that matter. It’s mostly just uninteresting action games these days Neutral

But in general the PS4 will naturally be the place to go for JRPG’s unless Microsoft is making another push for some exclusive titles like they did (and failed to gain traction with) for the 360.

Yup no matter how much i Loved the FFXV trailer, it looked like Bayonetta more than
FF12 or 10. ATB and turn based is past. JRPG themesleves are much more in terrible
form than Adventure games and Platformers where former is revived by KS and later by nintendo. JRPGs are more close to SurvivalHorror genre now.

JRPGs this gen i remember are, Valkyria, Resonance of fate, Xenoblade,last story and Ninokuni etc.
FF13 has become joke, i wonder M$ will support and bring big JRPGs like Lostodyssey this time or it will be just some random moneyhatting. Persona moneyhat can make some Sony fans really mad though.

Have you actually played Bayonetta? Final Fantasy XV is more an Action/Adventure RPG more than a straight up use every combo possible to win the game. Not to mention, Bayonetta is a japanese action game that throws in those stupid score systems that break any sort of immersion. Best implementation of it that didn’t get in the way was DMC….but thats going off on a different tangent.

I do agree that its not like previous games, but its definitely nothing like a japanese action game. In my opinion, it the game finally made a proper move to modern gaming. By that I don’t mean casualization, but by the level of interaction the game will have now.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Anyone here notice yet that the “always connected Kinect” requirement has been lifted? That is, the Kinect doesn’t need to be on or even plugged in to use the console. Basically, I can’t remember any of the originally complained issues being there anymore…

Also, the controller is looking amazing. (And I think they did the right choice with not having a screen on the controller. Or smell-capsules Tongue Both were in some prototypes Grin)

I’m in a hurry so I skipped the sources, but they’re all over so if you want to see articles about this, just google. The original info about the Kinect not being mandatory was in the IGN questionnaire series regarding the Xbox One that they’re doing every monday.

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2005-12-19

PM

UPtimist - 13 August 2013 09:52 AM

Anyone here notice yet that the “always connected Kinect” requirement has been lifted?

I did. That’s very good! I’m sure they’ll do their best to make the box nigh unusable when the kinect isn’t plugged in (“you won’t be able to use any feature or experience that explicitly uses the sensor” can be interpreted in different ways), but that’s only my speculation and it’s still better than nothing.

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Still would be nicer if they weren’t requiring it with each purchase though.  Maybe we’ll see a Kinect-free SKU one day.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Dale - 13 August 2013 12:51 PM

Still would be nicer if they weren’t requiring it with each purchase though.  Maybe we’ll see a Kinect-free SKU one day.

True. And with the way they’ve changed their minds, maybe they’ll bring a kinectless version at launch Tongue

But it is also true that when the Kinect is in every box, and so everyone has it, the developers won’t be so afraid to utilize it. So, that way there’s some hope it won’t be just a gimmick, as has pretty much been with this motion stuff before (well, aside from Wii where it was half the control system).

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Another 180 , maybe after seeing the preorders ratio. I hope they pull off non-kinect ver.

The price war will be tough to handle down the line.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m waiting for the ultimate back pedal though - completely rebranding the system by changing its name. Maybe to the Xbox Infinity? They pretty much changed almost everything else core to the machine’s experience.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Well, they’ve postponed the release in several would-be-day-one countries until 2014. All the Nordic countries included, and many other European countries, too.

(In the meanwhile, as far as I’ve seen Sony hasn’t announced anything since the E3 stuff. I wonder what they’re cooking…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Now with slightly faster processor and an actual release date

22nd November

1 week after the PS4 in the US
1 week before the PS4 in the UK

It will initially be available in 13 countries - UK, US, Ireland, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Austria, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2005-10-15

PM

To be honest I think it is too soon for a new generation or am I just starting to feel old? lol Not seen anything that has blown me away other than that Ryse: Son of Rome which had quite cinematic graphics.

But like all consoles we probably wont see any innovation til the console has been on the market for at least 2-3 years. I won’t be buying one any time soon, these days I’m more inclined to sink the money into a really powerful computer more for my film editing work but a bonus that it should play most top end games.

Where is Half Life 2 Episode 3 anyway? lol

One Love.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top