• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hey all, some feedback appreciated

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2006-03-27

PM

Hey all you old friends whom I’ve neglected for years and new people whom I shall neglect in future. Smile

This probably falls under “shameless self promotion” Tongue but I am genuinely looking for some feedback on the new adventure game we just started making. More specifically, we have put up a one scene art test that shows the basic camera movement.

At its heart it’s to be a slideshow-style first person game, but we’re borrowing a few camera tricks from motion comics, and there will be some things borrowed from normal comics too.

The art test is linked on our maiden blog post, and is displayed in-browser (just the test) using Unity3D. Please note it might be a bit processor-intensive as I went a little nuts with the rain-effect. (30000 individual raindrops might be overdoing it a bit)

http://makerseden.screwylightbulb.com/

Once we have more to show we’ll do proper press releases and all that stuff.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This particular scene manages to work fine in creating the depth and 3D perspective, and little things like the drone animation helps in that regard. It’s true the camera is limited, but if you can bring this level of quality, details and atmosphere in every scene, then perhaps it wouldn’t be such of a problem.

So, from the technical side, there’s nothing much wrong with it, and this kind of engine can easily complement the good story and puzzles.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Bitdefender is telling me that the linked page isn’t safe (but fails to tel me why!).

Life is what it is.

Joined 2006-03-27

PM

Jabod - 05 May 2013 09:07 AM

Bitdefender is telling me that the linked page isn’t safe (but fails to tel me why!).

The linked page itself of the art test linked therein?

If it’s the main page it *could* be due to the theme code having loads of Russian in it - ? Some internet security software tends to discriminate by region. Smile

Could also be due to the DNS records being hosted on Cloudflare.

Either way, nothing dangerous there, scout’s honour.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

This one (as above) http://makerseden.screwylightbulb.com/

And you might say that it’s sound but how do you know it hasn’t been hijacked with a driveby infection without your knowledge? Does the page contain ads at all?

Life is what it is.

Joined 2006-03-27

PM

Jabod - 05 May 2013 09:35 AM

This one (as above) http://makerseden.screwylightbulb.com/

And you might say that it’s sound but how do you know it hasn’t been hijacked with a driveby infection without your knowledge? Does the page contain ads at all?

Just Google Analytics. And no, it’s my own server, running Linux, and the site is brand new - no “drive-by” malware.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Bypassed Bitdefender - if I get infected  

Found the artwork impressive but what I did find visually odd, and I’m not sure if you can do anything about this, was the air-liner (the first one) going along in a dead straight line amongst all the rain, rain that was falling haphazardly as rain will (looked good).

Other than that I’ll keep an eye out - although I’ll wait for all 3 parts to be available as I won’t play episode by episode, Anna’s Quest not withstanding (and I’ve still got a working PC ).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I’m no expert, but it fells very weird when you look up and down. The buildings in the foreground tilts way too much, compared to how much the perspective is changed.

Otherwise it looks good.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-05-04

PM

The way the camera goes around is probably intentional, but I fail to see the need of such type of interaction. It could keep itself on a more horizontal style and still keep the originality intended. The looks and overall aspect are nice, though.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Looks interesting.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top