• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Among the Sleep

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

Couldn’t find a thread on this one. I’m not sure what genre this game fits into, but the atmosphere looks pretty darn good. You play as a baby going through a living nightmare. Game focuses on exploration and atmosphere. Among the Sleep. Here’s the kickstarter.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

It fits in adventure technically, no different that most modern FPA’s. I’m actually surprised there isn’t a thread for this. It’s become one of the most relevant pieces of gaming concepts as of late. Had a bit of controversy with the sad ignorant public too.

The baby isn’t having a nightmare, you’re just seeing the dark world through the eyes and imagination of a child. I think a lot of folks can relate.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I saw a teaser for this a long time ago. Looked promising, I thought it was going to be released right about now though.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

They reached the goal on kickstarter and launched an alpha. Reminds of a bit of what I played of Amnesia, not just the interface, but because of the scary jumps.

I think this belongs in the adventure side.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Plays really well on the Oculus Rift too. I want Amnesia to make a port to it too….but at the same time I don’t. haha

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Completely forgot about this game but it got released today on PC.
Still waiting for my kickstarter backer key, ahould be interesting.

Edit: Wait, this is in the generel section, I thought it was an adventure (but I only played the demo so I’m not sure)

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I found out about this game just now and it sounded potentially interesting and adventur-ey.

Among The Sleep invites you into the mind and body of a two year old child. After being put to bed one evening, mysterious things start to happen. Played in first person, the game lets its players immerse themselves in a child’s limitless imagination. This is a perspective we all have a distant familiarity with, but few can clearly remember what it felt like. In the borderland between dream and reality, surreal creatures and diverse environments will present you with both physical and mental obstacles that challenge your creativity.

Has anyone played it? Is it more like Amnesia or Gone Home?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

There is a thread here (in general):
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/1888/

I still only played the demo, felt like Amnesia exploring the house but it was just the beginning, no real challenge but it didn’t go into the “nightmare” part. Going to try it over the weekend.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Anyone played it? It’s definitely an adventure

Took around 2h30 to complete it, kind of like Gone Home in length. Other similarities with Gone Home are that you mostly walk around exploring the surroundings, uncovering some story, thought it throws a supernatural enemy sometimes (Amnesia-style) but it’s usually very easy to avoid. (I died once in the game). Creepy environment, better played in the dark, but most scares are usually common stuff.
The initial “twist” of playing gets a bit lost after the strong start, when the nightmare stuff begins and everything falls in a common horror environment and there isn’t much story development. The puzzles are kind of repetitive. (how many times do I have to open drawers to reach a higher place? Smile ) The physics stuff works well but only at the last part they so something with it.

About the twist of the ending From what I gather, the parents have divorced, and mom didn’t take it very well and started to hit the bottle. She ‘s the “monster” in the nightmares and Teddy was a present from Dad and his friend. The 4 memories to recover are of good times he remembers.
There are o lot child drawings throughout the game but I couldn’t really see any meaning to them,

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 30 May 2014 05:40 AM

There is a thread here (in general):
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/1888/

wilco - 01 June 2014 05:23 PM

Anyone played it? It’s definitely an adventure

I’ve merged both threads and placed them under the ‘Adventure’ subpart of the forums. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Will definitely get this one when I have more time and money to spare.  Smile

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top