• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ever wondered what others Currently playing ?

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Bonsai - 19 April 2013 12:14 PM

Is it true what the advertising states for this game?:

More than 80 hours of gameplay

Um… no. Maybe a quarter of that. How anyone can print such an obnoxious lie on a product is beyond me.

In fact, here is a quote from Bill Hicks that I think is applicable:

“By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising…kill yourself. Thank you. Just planting seeds, planting seeds is all I’m doing. No joke here, really. Seriously, kill yourself, you have no rationalization for what you do, you are Satan’s little helpers. Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now. Now, back to the show.

Seriously, I know the marketing people: ‘There’s gonna be a joke comin’ up.’ There’s no fuckin’ joke. Suck a tail pipe, hang yourself…borrow a pistol from an NRA buddy, do something…rid the world of your evil fuckin’ presence.”

Over 2 hours of vivid full motion video

I obviously didn’t time it, but I’m pretty sure that this statement is actually completely true. In addition to all the character interaction, all the dives are FMV sequences and the game’s built-in encyclopedia contains videos as well.

Anyway, barring any technical difficulties, I am going to start playing The Book of Watermarks now. It’s a Myst clone for the original Playstation that was released in Japan.

There is a review HERE for those who haven’t heard of it.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2013-04-15

PM

Bastich - 18 April 2013 08:47 PM

I’m playing The Sacred Mirror of Kofun.

Is it true what the advertising states for this game?:

More than 80 hours of gameplay

Over 2 hours of vivid full motion video

Maybe if you stare at the screen for hours trying to figure out the puzzles.
“80 hours of gameplay!*”

*Gameplay times based on our dumbest testers.

Click here to support the best independent developer mentioned in this signature footer:
http://www.shadesofsanity.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sword-Spirit-Software-LLC/346697060329

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

@ Bastich:  Watched THIS preview of the game and am very interested to hear your opinion when finished.  Might have to get a PS1.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

RobSeres - 20 April 2013 03:35 PM

Maybe if you stare at the screen for hours trying to figure out the puzzles.
“80 hours of gameplay!*”

yea and i remember Staring at Kate Walker with owe and admiration for more than 100 hours (of almost 2 weeks period) wondering if would ever find someone like her to marry.. think that why it took me 106 hours to finish Syberia for the 1st time.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Bastich - 20 April 2013 02:37 PM

Anyway, barring any technical difficulties, I am going to start playing The Book of Watermarks now. It’s a Myst clone for the original Playstation that was released in Japan.

I’ve got an old Playstation. Would a Japanese game play on that? Or would I need to play it in an emulator on a PC?

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

crabapple - 20 April 2013 07:18 PM
Bastich - 20 April 2013 02:37 PM

I’ve got an old Playstation. Would a Japanese game play on that? Or would I need to play it in an emulator on a PC?

If you have a NTSC PlayStation 1, then yes. If you have a PAL, then no.

America and Japan are both NTSC, where as Europe is PAL.

However, there’s region locking you have to work around, which can be a pain. It’s not a simple process as far as I know.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Playing The rabbit Apprentice (i would like to call it that ) .. somehow,
i always think of something everytime i am playing a daedalic’s Adventure.. i think of the 2 feelings i always have/get. 
1.the deep connection with the adventures of the classic era.
2.how they really represent a Modern (nowadays) Sierra and i wonder this isn’t just a coincidence they or someone there knows what are they doing .
anyone remembers deponia 2 sierra’s death scene easteregg ! it was fabulous.

i guess i said it before once or twice ‘daedalic is the best thing that happened for adventure gaming in the past 4 years’ , even better than that kickstarters phenomena .. as daedalic is here to stay and even to upgrade with every and each year (four titles a year who else doing that) .. but as for kickstarters ....Who knows!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am having a strange mode of replaying, after i finished Goodbye Deponia and Lilly Looking Through, Journey of a Roach, tried Dream chamber then quit, I went to Loom, Runaway1 ,Next life , Dreamfall ,Operation Wintersun ,and now I am playing Black Mirror, I got BS5 and waiting for chapter two .. I don’t know! really but replaying has never been better for me as these times I having nowadays .

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top