• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRosewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Adventure Game Kickstarter - A Small Favor

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-12-01

PM

Castro has that stare because he is in fact a serial killer. I’ve personally seen him murder a to-do list, kill code and chop up my artwork into playable bits. He’s the Dexter of game design.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

He He.

Anyway i really hope you reach your goal, the kickstarter unfortunately seems to have stalled a bit. I believe that with your previous work you have proven that you know how to make excellent games.

A 2nd kickstarter at the end of game production to add voice acting, might not be a bad idea, but i know that there is a lot of people who are sceptically about 2nd kickstarters, so you should consider it carefully before you do so. But with a initial goal of only 30,000 i personally don’t see any problems with that. 

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Happy to hear you guys are going to release a demo soon!

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-02-13

PM

We just got back from Newgrounds’ Pico Day event in Philly.  If interested we have the photo album from our trip up here: https://www.facebook.com/ClickShakeGames

Now that we’re back, we’re hoping to rock this ASF demo in the next couple days. 

It’s very encouraging to hear from people getting excited about the exploration component of the game.  I agree that with such a rich story it’s a shame when you can’t wander into the background a bit more, so we want to open that open.

Please support our adventure game Kickstarter, A Small Favor. A 2D, side-scrolling sci-fi adventure game for PC and MAC with focus on story, exploration and puzzle solving… with a laser gun!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/clickshake/a-small-favor-2d-side-scrolling-adventure-game

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Only 6 days to go and they have only reached about 1/3 of their goal.

I really hope this games makes it, but it does seem unlikely.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think I was under the misimpression they were going to release a playable demo during the campaign. Think that would help a lot. Maybe that will still happen?

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-02-13

PM

The prototype we’ve built is early, so the performance hasn’t been improved yet and there are bugs I haven’t worked on fixing yet because we’re prototyping other features instead.  Ultimately I’m concerned that releasing it will hurt more than help, but I might just release it anyway since we’re in the final stretch.  We thought we’d have more time to work on the demo in the last few weeks and underestimated the amount of time needed for promoting the Kickstarter and wrapping up a prior project.

Please support our adventure game Kickstarter, A Small Favor. A 2D, side-scrolling sci-fi adventure game for PC and MAC with focus on story, exploration and puzzle solving… with a laser gun!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/clickshake/a-small-favor-2d-side-scrolling-adventure-game

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think at this point you want as many eyeballs seeing your product as possible. The name of the game right now is just to increase number of backers. A playable demo could set off a fresh round of news coverage. I believe many repeat KS backers are very understanding about what to expect from an early build, and they recognize that it will be incomplete and unpolished. But it’s your call. Hoping this makes it!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Corey Cole mentioned this game in his latest update. I think you guys could get it if you could double your current number of backers in the last few days. So frustrating how the goal feels so in reach, but the clock is ticking fast now.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top