• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Is it worth it playing an ancient adventure game? Any tricks?

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

TimovieMan - 14 April 2013 01:33 PM

Personally, the lack of voice-overs, up-to-date graphics, etc. doesn’t bother me at all. I’ll happily (re)play any of the old classics.
I HAVE developed an aversion to text parsers over time, though, so I’ll happily (re)play any of the old classics as long as they’re point-and-click with little to no typing involved.

The exception being, I assume LSL:Love for Sail? Do I remember that you thumbs up that game, Tim? Of course, the text parser is optional and mostly for humor…actually, I don’t remember if it is required to complete the game at all.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

red - 08 February 2017 10:05 PM

The standard of old games is in general higher than they are now. If you choose a game at random from 1996 it will be, on balance of probabilities, better than a game from 2016.

Fix’d it for ya.

edit: oh, wait, TerminusEst was faster than me. Shifty Eyed

notanumber - 09 February 2017 02:39 PM

Of course, the text parser is optional and mostly for humor…actually, I don’t remember if it is required to complete the game at all.

Which is exactly the most brilliant thing about the game, and shows that designers knew exactly what they were doing - they knew the text parser is a thing of the past, but for old times sake, it was implemented in the game brilliantly - you can still use it, or not, whatever you choose.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2005-02-20

PM

If you already know you won’t like it when you play them, then don’t play them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top