• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Rain (PS3)

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

I apologise if a thread has already been created, but I can’t seem to find out. I’ve just seen this trailer and I feel that perhaps this could end up being an adventure game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SoLz4BPXsOw#!

Of course, it’s early days, but I don’t see this as being the type of game where you combat monsters, but more like you solve puzzles to overcome obstacles and avoid capture (think ICO, but without the combat).

Supposing this does end up being a fully fledged adventure, would anyone else be interested in it?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks more like a platform game to me. But I could be wrong. I don’t have a PS3 - but for adventure games seems to be one of the better platforms to own so that may change in the future.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The modern definition for adventure games appears to be “anything that feels arty”.

This is interesting though - Sony have appeared to have published a game that’s as weird as their advertising.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

thejobloshow - 26 March 2013 05:44 AM

The modern definition for adventure games appears to be “anything that feels arty”.

This is interesting though - Sony have appeared to have published a game that’s as weird as their advertising.

It seems peoples misinterpreted definition for adventure games are ‘Point and Clicks’. This game doesn’t do much different from the core adventure mechanics.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Could be an interesting game. I like when Sony Japan goes experimental in some PSN games. Psone and ps2 had lots of these games on retail but the rising costs I’m glad it’s possible to find some of this stuff on PSN.
The concept and visuals are original, now it depends on what they do with the “gimmick”.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

New Trailer

Confirmed Purchase, quite emotional.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Looks great.  I actually hate buying downloadable exclusives on the PS store (I never bit the bullet for Journey - kept waiting for a sale that never happened), but I think I may have to spring for this one when it comes out.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Ico influence too heavy,crushed.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rain will be released on October 1, 2013 for $14.99 in the United States. Pre-orders are opening today, with a music montage, avatar pack, and dynamic theme available as bonuses.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I tried the demo at E3 and it was awesome. My only concern is if they can keep using the mechanic for the whole game without it getting repetitive.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Check out the music in GamesCom trailer

Dev Diary 2

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Little late to finish it, but man what a ride. Simple , heavily artistic, genius concept,
oldschool, fixed camera and kafka-esque world in the end 10/10.

Liked it more than Brothers, my AG goty 2013.

I so missed hide and seek gameplay of clocktower, and haunting ground, glad to have it as extra bonus.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2008-07-24

PM

nomadsoul - 27 January 2014 12:37 PM

Little late to finish it, but man what a ride. Simple , heavily artistic, genius concept,
oldschool, fixed camera and kafka-esque world in the end 10/10.

Liked it more than Brothers, my AG goty 2013.

I so missed hide and seek gameplay of clocktower, and haunting ground, glad to have it as extra bonus.

I haven’t been on here in forever (new baby) but I literally finished this up a couple hours ago and ironically was web surfing and decided to see what was up on the AG forums and spotted this, lol.

Absolutely loved it. It is a platformer at its core but none of the platforming is difficult and the jumping has a pretty good assist to it that non-twitch gamers will like. The ambiance and setting are exactly the type that would appeal to an AG fan. Highly recommended, especially if you like games like Ico, Journey, and Limbo.

Two minor complaints, the occasional frame stutter (seems to skip ahead a few frames every once in a while which is a personal pet peeve) and the fact that it is not a more developed, full-fledged retail release. I really wish this was a “bigger” game that gave you more interaction and exploration within the great environment…maybe in a sequel. But absolutely loved it and cannot recommend it enough.

Now where the heck is Haunting Ground on US PSN Classics!?!?

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I enjoyed it well enough, but in terms of console adventures, I much preferred the likes of Stacking, Brothers, Contrast, Stick it to the Man and even The Cave to this.

Rain got a bit repetitive, and kind of lost the plot towards the end.

Great atmosphere though, I agree on that.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lupin The Third - 28 January 2014 02:22 AM

Two minor complaints, the occasional frame stutter (seems to skip ahead a few frames every once in a while which is a personal pet peeve) and the fact that it is not a more developed, full-fledged retail release. I really wish this was a “bigger” game that gave you more interaction and exploration within the great environment…maybe in a sequel. But absolutely loved it and cannot recommend it enough.

Now where the heck is Haunting Ground on US PSN Classics!?!?

Crapcom future strategy is DLCs and Smartphones, they have Killer7 too that begs
HD ver or PSN classic…but no its Crapcom, they wont do it.

Yeah the game could have benefitted more from extra money, glad even now Sony
mobilized Acquire to finish it up properly, otherwise would been even cheaper
effort.

I dont mind repetitiveness if the concept is fresh and aint no one even thought about that.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

Ill be blad if they release Blue Ray Physical copy of the game…......
I always prefer physical copies over PSN downloadable contents…......

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top