• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Microïds game - The Inquisitor

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I didn’t see a thread on this yet. The press release came out last week and I only came across it today. Exciting stuff!

Montreuil,  March 1st,  2013.  Microïds’  catalogue gets a new licence of adventure games:

“The Inquisitor”, composed of 4 different opus. With the development of “Dracula 4:  The Shadow of the Dragon”  and the third part of the cult saga “Syberia”, Microïds wants to leave its mark in the adventure video game universe, with a new significant series, “The Inquisitor”.

This saga, based on the novels by Italian writer Valerio Evangelisti,  recalls the adventures of Nicolas Eymerich, blending religion,  investigation and occult events.
This strange historical character, born in Catalonia in 1320, is the author of the Directorium Inquisitorum,  the text that turned unlimited power of the Sacred Inquisition into law. In this saga, players will embody this untypical and
charismatic character in his many adventures throughout his dark history.

Elliot Grassiano,  VP of the Microïds Unit at Anuman Interactive,  explains:  “we are delighted to have inquisitor Nicolas Eymerich join the large family of Microïds charismatic heroes, next to Kate Walker, Vic McPherson or Jonathan Harker. We believe this new saga will fascinate the adventure fans and we trust Ticonblu developers will accomplish this mission with talent”. “We do believe that working with Anuman Interactive will make it possible to spread the word of “The Inquisitor” beyond boundaries and will be the beginning of a long series of successful titles” adds Ivan Venturi, co-founder of Italian studio, Ticonblu.

The first part of “The Inquisitor:  The Plague” series is expected to be released Q2 2013 on PC, Mac, iOS and Android.

More screens here

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

In keeping with the theme of other recent threads:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/news/view/20849

Almost 3.5 years ago!  Tongue

Pan

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Aw… Well at least we have decent screenshots now. It looks like the game is moving along even though it’s 4 years overdue!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

For a game made in 2013 those graphics look horrible.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I agree, especially a company making Syberia 3 and Dracula 4…

Models looked like they were taken out of Nocturne or the Blair Witch games.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

When you guys are done attacking the graphics, you might like to remember all the graphically awesome yet terrible games released in 2012:
-Chains of Satinav
-Haunted
-Louisiana Adventure
-Lucius
-Anna
-Hoodwink
-Secret Files 3
-Dark Secrets

So I wouldn’t take anything from the graphics. If we go by the recent trends, a game with bad graphics is MORE likely to be good than one with the latest eye-popping visual candy (Resonance, Cat Lady and Primordia were highly praised and graphically poor)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oscar - 11 March 2013 01:40 AM

(Resonance, Cat Lady and Primordia were highly praised and graphically poor)

Gasp
Either you didn’t play the game yet or your artistic perpective is VERY different from the rest of the world…
The game is highly praised for its awsome graphics….(and rightly so. They reminded classic paintings from Picasso, Lautrec or Goya)

And Chains of Satinav wasn’t such a terrible game as you describe. Just not that good.

Your jeneral point that graphics is not a trustworthy criteria for a game’s general quality is granted however…

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sefir - 11 March 2013 03:45 AM

(Resonance, Cat Lady and Primordia were highly praised and graphically poor)

Gasp
Either you didn’t play the game yet or your artistic perpective is VERY different from the rest of the world…
The game is highly praised for its awsome graphics….(and rightly so. They reminded classic paintings from Picasso, Lautrec or Goya)

Well it sure is an ugly looking game, though I am sure that was the intent. Artistry? Well, something tells me the posts above aren’t talking about artistry.

I think you and I agree, sir. The praise was justified, and it wasn’t because of its hi-res super-detailed 3D 2013 graphics and ultra-modern character models. That’s all I meant to say.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oscar - 11 March 2013 04:04 AM

Well it sure is an ugly looking game, though I am sure that was the intent. Artistry? Well, something tells me the posts above aren’t talking about artistry.

I see your point.

Oscar - 11 March 2013 04:04 AM

I think you and I agree, sir. The praise was justified, and it wasn’t because of its hi-res super-detailed 3D 2013 graphics and ultra-modern character models. That’s all I meant to say.

Of course we do. Robots united.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Zifnab - 10 March 2013 08:58 PM

the large family of Microïds charismatic heroes, next to Kate Walker, Vic McPherson or Jonathan Harker.

I think they meant “bland ciphers”.  Microids made good backgrounds, not interesting characters - and from the screenshots, they can’t even bring the pretty anymore.  Might as well be a Mystery of the Druids sequel.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

OneFlesh - 11 March 2013 05:46 AM

I think they meant “bland ciphers”.  Microids made good backgrounds, not interesting characters

Shifty Eyed

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

When you guys are done attacking the graphics, you might like to remember all the graphically awesome yet terrible games released in 2012:
-Chains of Satinav
-Haunted
-Louisiana Adventure
-Lucius
-Anna
-Hoodwink
-Secret Files 3
-Dark Secrets

So I wouldn’t take anything from the graphics. If we go by the recent trends, a game with bad graphics is MORE likely to be good than one with the latest eye-popping visual candy (Resonance, Cat Lady and Primordia were highly praised and graphically poor)

We aren’t talking about technically impressive graphics like your robot self. We are talking about aesthetically impressive graphics. You can make impressive graphics with few pixels. Shaders don’t make a game beautiful. They assist in making it a reality and more dynamic.

Watched the gameplay. Still stand by my opinion. Is this how Syberia 3 is going to look? Still aethetically terrible. Looks like something from the late 90’s or early last decade.

Sorry to tell you though, graphics have always been the cornerstone of Adventure Games. Sure one can argue, its about the gameplay, but gameplay is so cut and dry, the real beauty is from the story which requires characters which require a world to put them in, which in the end needs to be visually appealing.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Monolith - 11 March 2013 07:03 AM

Sorry to tell you though, graphics have always been the cornerstone of Adventure Games. Sure one can argue, its about the gameplay, but gameplay is so cut and dry, the real beauty is from the story which requires characters which require a world to put them in, which in the end needs to be visually appealing.

i dont think anyone of the old time adventurers would argue but cant we just say the graphics have always been a secondary issue with Adventure Games !

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Monolith - 11 March 2013 07:03 AM

That’s dogmatic. To many people it’s the riddles that is the core of adventure gaming, other could say that the story => characters is not determined by a visually appealing world, just by a well written script that emphasizes the character development and other could say that a world doesn’t have to be visually appealing to be appealing whatsoever. And no, I’m not talking just for “old time adventurers” like Advie does.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

People will continue to argue that story is better, but a story is useless if its not portrayed well. Portrayal includes direction, graphics/visuals and flow. Not one great adventure game would work without its aesthetics.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top