• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Capri Connection

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Here’s a game I never expected to see on Kickstarter.

Another Capri Game.

A Quiet Weekend in Capri and Anicapri the Dream straddled the line of tourist PR and adventure game. It certainly made me want to visit the island even if the games were average at best.

Anyway $30,000 is a low target so I wish them luck.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1380071117/the-capri-connection?ref=live

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I took a peek at the kickstarter page and have to say that it doesn’t look like they put a lot of effort in their campaign - four paragraphs of text, a bunch of screenshots from the previous games, the supporter tiers have repetitive names and some typos (and is the $650 tier basically selling an ad?), and the digital copy that comes with the $25 tier has DRM (who does that anymore?!). I really don’t want to be negative and it’s not exactly horrible but compared to other extremely well-polished kickstarter campaigns recently, it sticks out.

I haven’t played the first two games so I wasn’t going to pledge anyway but I do wish them luck!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Lucien21 - 02 March 2013 04:42 PM

It certainly made me want to visit the island even if the games were average at best.

Average at worst, more like. They were incredibly ambitious and unique, just poorly executed. There still has not been anything like them ever made. I actually think this could be one of the “worthier” kickstarters because a bit of money could have made the Capri games really amazing. I haven’t been much of a pledger in the past but I’m going to put my $25 down.

TerminusEst - 02 March 2013 06:26 PM

I really don’t want to be negative and it’s not exactly horrible but compared to other extremely well-polished kickstarter campaigns recently, it sticks out.

Sadly this is true, which is why I fear this Kickstarter won’t succeed. The campaign appears to be for those of us who are already fans. Anyone who had the endurance to play and complete the Capri games (and not many have) will know these developers have talent and a shiny campaign isn’t needed to convince them. For anyone else there’s not much to go on.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

From the Kickstarter:

... where the set is a real place and most of the characters are real people, often performing in the game as they do in their real life.

The whole idea appeals to me, i am however skeptical about both the game and the kickstarter campaign.

If the kickstarter campaign had made a better job of convincing me they could turn the idea into a great game, i might have pledged but as it is now i’m going to pass.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Iznogood - 03 March 2013 11:21 AM

From the Kickstarter:

... where the set is a real place and most of the characters are real people, often performing in the game as they do in their real life.

The whole idea appeals to me, i am however skeptical about both the game and the kickstarter campaign.

If the kickstarter campaign had made a better job of convincing me they could turn the idea into a great game, i might have pledged but as it is now i’m going to pass.

Play one of their previous games and if they don’t convince you, then pass. I’m 99% sure the new game will be like the other ones.

Silvio and Gey aren’t good marketers, but that shouldn’t matter.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Oscar - 04 March 2013 08:36 AM

Play one of their previous games and if they don’t convince you, then pass. I’m 99% sure the new game will be like the other ones.

Silvio and Gey aren’t good marketers, but that shouldn’t matter.

Yeah in principle i agree with you, and i usually try to look past the professionalism of the campaign, and instead imagine what the end result would be like.

But they still need to convince me that it is something word backing, and i’m not sure that i have the time or inclination to play there previous games. Especially not after you wrote

Average at worst, more like. They were incredibly ambitious and unique, just poorly executed

Wink

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Iznogood - 04 March 2013 03:22 PM

i’m not sure that i have the time or inclination to play there previous games. Especially not after you wrote

Average at worst, more like. They were incredibly ambitious and unique, just poorly executed

Wink

I can understand that. I’d personally rather that than being well executed but ordinary and commonplace. But the Capri games can be frustrating to play, if beautiful and full of character.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Again i agree in principle.
I will try to see if i can find time to play them, before the kickstarter ends.

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

For those following, Gey Savarese the co developer, along with his son Silvio, has posted this over at Adventure Point in response to some concerns about their Kickstarter campaign and with the DRM.

http://adventurepoint.forumotion.com/t1298-want-a-third-capri-game#15871

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Hm.. one of their replies is

2. The game is not started yet. If pledging people are 27 only as of now, very likey we are not going to spend time to make it.

Which would be unfortunate. Just because few have pledged does not mean only a few will buy it, especially for such a traditional game whose (older?) fanbase might not be familiar with kickstarter.

Still almost 2 months to go, but it’s only at 28 backers Frown

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2007-01-25

PM

Ok folks, Here I am, Gey Savarese. Ask me directly any question you would like to ask about The Capri Connection.  Wink

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

THE CAPRI CONNECTION

First, how can you make comments like that if the game didn’t come out yet?  You are writing comments based upon the 2 previous games, having said that, what makes you think that the third game is the same? You don’t know for a fact…

What you need to do is: be a backer of the game, believe me it’s worth it to be a backer of this game, (the pictures alone of Capri are worth the price) when the game will be released, buy it, play it, and then write comments based on facts not hypotheses.

Please don’t engage in behavior that condemns others.

Thank you!
  Innocent

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Callalily - 10 March 2013 04:52 PM

Please don’t engage in behavior that condemns others.

Where the hell did that come from?!?

The most negative comments i can find in the above posts are:

TerminusEst - 02 March 2013 06:26 PM

I took a peek at the kickstarter page and have to say that it doesn’t look like they put a lot of effort in their campaign

Lucien21 - 02 March 2013 04:42 PM

It certainly made me want to visit the island even if the games were average at best.

Oscar - 02 March 2013 06:33 PM

Average at worst, more like. They were incredibly ambitious and unique, just poorly executed.

Iznogood - 03 March 2013 11:21 AM

Hardly what you can call “behavior that condemns others”!
And especially Oscar posted positive comments, trying to convince the rest of us to back the project.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

OK, you want me to convince you? Simply pledge $ 1, 600 and you will spend a week in a gorgeous apartment in Amalfi.  Will this convince you?

Are you convinced now to back the project? You will be happy!!! Innocent

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

geysavarese - 08 March 2013 04:16 PM

Ok folks, Here I am, Gey Savarese. Ask me directly any question you would like to ask about The Capri Connection.  Wink

Hi Gey,
I have a question.

When I bought Misteri di Capri, I spent a long time playing around with my windows settings, font size and resolution trying to make the game work properly and look how it is supposed to. Eventually and after much trying the only option I had left was to change the Win7 dpi font size settings and switch my monitor to 4:3 each time I started the game to get it to look right. I found this really annoying. Will the new game be any better and more user-friendly?

Also, which resolution will you be using for the photos? I believe Widescreen (16:9) is now the standard but some games still use 16:10. I think Misteri di Capri used an even smaller ratio.

Thanks and good luck with your project! Smile

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I think even the creators have given up, judging by the lack of reply to Oscar. It’s been sitting at around $2,500 and 36 backers for over a week now. Sad, but I have to agree there wasn’t much effort put into the campaign. Not enough to bring in potential backers who aren’t already fans of the game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top