• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckychrissieJdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Beyond: Two Souls

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Trailer looks fantastic.

This has jumped to my No1 most anticipated game of the year.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Yeesh, that horse animation is laughably bad!

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JuDNpGvmGCQ

Here’s about 30 mins of gameplay. (spoilers obviously)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Release date confirmed for11th October in Europe (8th in North America)

So late… Frown

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

wilco - 03 June 2013 05:43 AM

Release date confirmed for11th October in Europe (8th in North America)

So late… Frown

All good things. . .

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Anyone still having doubts about how good the journey, exploration and Graphics will be
check this new gameplay trailer (its not the one shown at Sony E3 conference and got
many spoilers but damn).

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_beyond_two_souls_e3_gameplay_trailer-30297_en.html

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And now I’m no longer convinced this is still an adventure game… Meh

Plus I don’t see how this’ll work without forced linearity. There’s only so much you can program in terms of freedom…

Looks awesome, though… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

One of these days I should buy me a PS3…  Neutral

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

TimovieMan - 15 June 2013 05:21 AM

Plus I don’t see how this’ll work without forced linearity. There’s only so much you can program in terms of freedom…

No less than an adventure game than LA Noire or even Dreamfall.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 15 June 2013 05:21 AM

The action sequences are mapped on button presses like those gunfights in Heavyrain.

It offers more exploration thanks to entity aspect, gives you free access to tamper
with many things and play with.

Bladerunner also had gunfights.

Again the input for action scenes is not like our typical shooters tough , its light
hearted.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Was reading an article about booth babes at E3 and saw a quote from David Cage about Beyond and writing female characters:

http://news.yahoo.com/e3-sexism-still-issue-132214931.html

“I really enjoy writing for women,” said David Cage, creator of the PlayStation 3 game “Beyond: Two Souls,” which features actress Ellen Page as the heroine. “I like female characters because they can be very strong and very tough, but they can cry and be very sensitive. They have a palette of emotions that’s much wider than with male characters.”

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

The less I read from Mr. Cage, the better I think.

I mean…Jesus Almighty.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Well it is true that the bigger male audience probably responses better to female sensitiveness than of a male, even though the male archetype without emotions really should be abandoned already. But is Cage really saying that men actually don’t have a wide palette of emotions?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

There was Stanford research , stating that Women generally have more better emotional quotient thanks to their brain structure , frontal lobe dimensions which can help them make
better decsions in Management and Interpersonal relationships.

Having said that ,i am thinking of taking complete U-turn on chances of liking this game.
Going to rent it after watching this E3 gameplay demo and Cage commentary ain’t helping
the case, its super QTE fest and super cheesy however Graphics and Tech is better than most Nextgen games.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

nomadsoul - 16 June 2013 07:39 AM

There was Stanford research , stating that Women generally have more better emotional quotient thanks to their brain structure , frontal lobe dimensions which can help them make
better decsions in Management and Interpersonal relationships.

They needed research to figure out women are more emotional? Seriously?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top