• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Making a Mass Effect Adventure Game!  Give me your suggestions!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-25

PM

Hey Adventure Game Forum!

I’m busy planning out an adventure game based on the Mass Effect universe. It’s to be a fangame, so nothing huge. I’m curious what you guys think I should be doing.  More of a learning experience, but I’d like to know what kinds of story elements/characters you’d like to play as and see.

I know Mass Effect fans are the world over, so I was hoping to get a diverse set of opinions on here.

So please, complete my poll, and tell me what you’d like to see and do, playing an adventure game, in the Mass Effect universe!

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=3fx1znr3d31r5s3208692

Thanks again!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m a big Mass Effect fan, and I’ve filled in the survey!

Also: the more Tali and Garrus, the better… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Here’s a suggestion that Bioware also need to take ‘stop listening to fans’.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Detective Garrus and his sidekick Mordin Solus

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TimovieMan - 25 February 2013 04:03 PM

I’m a big Mass Effect fan

thejobloshow - 25 February 2013 05:32 PM

Pan Pan

Actually, does BioWare have a lot of fans left after the Mass Effect 3 ending debacle??? Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

I don’t get it. Isn’t Mass Effect an Action/Shooter game?

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

GreyFuss - 26 February 2013 12:16 PM

It’s an RPG/shooter. Doesn’t mean you can’t make an adventure out of it - there are plenty of stories possible in the Mass Effect universe, and the games have some really awesome characters…
It could work. It’d have to be freeware, though, as I don’t think BioWare / EA are letting go of their IP.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Thanks Timovieman

Looking at the Survey it looks like you would have had to play the Mass Effect games in order to understand any new game. There weren’t any adventure game questions so I have to assume that this will simply be another RPG/Shooter. All games can be called adventures because it takes you on a ride thats different from your normal world. I have many friends who, when they ask me what type of games I like, think that RPG’s and action, shooters are adventure games.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

GreyFuss - 26 February 2013 12:29 PM

I have many friends who, when they ask me what type of games I like, think that RPG’s and action, shooters are adventure games.

So school them! Wink

I don’t think OP was talking about adventure like the movie genre, but specifically adventure games as we know them.
But of course, only OP could acknowledge that… *hint* *hint* Grin

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

GreyFuss - 26 February 2013 12:16 PM

No,It can be a good ag as walking dead,it have dialog tree,choice making ,dramatic storyline etc. plus shootouts.Making an ag out of it fairly easy just remove % 80 of shootouts and insert some mini games,result a real contender for aggie agoty award.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-25

PM

TimovieMan - 26 February 2013 01:07 PM
GreyFuss - 26 February 2013 12:29 PM

I have many friends who, when they ask me what type of games I like, think that RPG’s and action, shooters are adventure games.

So school them! Wink

I don’t think OP was talking about adventure like the movie genre, but specifically adventure games as we know them.
But of course, only OP could acknowledge that… *hint* *hint* Grin

Adventure games as in…adventure games!  Point and click stuff.  Puzzle games and the sort.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

FindingStrongbow - 26 February 2013 04:01 PM

Adventure games as in…adventure games!  Point and click stuff.  Puzzle games and the sort.

Thanks for the clarification FindingStrongbow. I am all for any game as you describe above. I really couldn’t take the Survey as I know nothing about the previous games or the characters as I only play adventure games. So how would one know about these characters if your new game was the first Mass Effect they played? Do you really think you will draw from all those players world wide if you don’t have the RPG/Shooter aspects as part of the game?

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

FindingStrongbow - 25 February 2013 03:52 PM

I’m busy planning out an adventure game based on the Mass Effect universe. It’s to be a fangame, so nothing huge. I’m curious what you guys think I should be doing.  More of a learning experience, but I’d like to know what kinds of story elements/characters you’d like to play as and see.

thejobloshow - 25 February 2013 05:32 PM

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sorry but…

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Sounds interesting. I love the ME games. I just did the survey. Would love to see more of Tali and Garrus.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I see there already is a Mass Effect AGS game in the works.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=46561.0

I think Mass Effect would be great as an adventure. There is a lot of dialogue and relationship stuff in the main games the story would just need to replace the shooty/rpg bits with more puzzles than action.

I’ll check out the survey later, but I would be amazed if EA allowed the game to go ahead, even as a fangame.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top