• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Captain Disaster and the Two Worlds of Riskara

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Yes it’s true!! Captain Disaster is back! But, he’s as you’ve never seen him before.

** Available to wishlist on Steam now! **

I’m delighted to announce that I have teamed up with Lorenzo Boni of Clotilde fame to make a new Captain Disaster game, with the same daft humour but an all-new graphical style and user interface, while Eric Galluzzo will be creating an original music score for the game - most recently he created the superb OST for The Corruption Within.  I will be taking care of coding, design and sound effects while Lorenzo works his magic with the artwork (plus throwing in some dreadful jokes just in case mine aren’t bad enough, and probably solving my coding issues!). I won’t say anything about his graphics as the screenshots below speak for themselves.

We will also be welcoming back some of the voice acting crew from Stomping Boots while introducing some new voices. TheBitPriest will be part of the project as well, since obviously it wouldn’t really be Captain Disaster without my co-dev from Stomping Boots!

Nearer the time I will be recruiting some testers to round off the team.

Captain Disaster and the Two Worlds of Riskara features an epic story in which our hero is not quite so much of a disaster… or is he? Answering a distress call begins a chain of events involving a planet with an amazing history, an attempt to unite two races driven apart for so long that no-one can remember why, and an ancient race thought to be long extinct…

While not exactly a follow-on from Death Has A Million Stomping Boots, there will be allusions to events from it and at least one returning character apart from Zero-Bit and the Captain himself.

Parody has always been an important part of the Captain Disaster DNA, and that’s just as true with this games. Books that will definitely have some kind of influence on the game’s storyline include Dune, 1984, Ender’s Game and Timelike Infinity.

- Epic story
- Intriguing characters
- Gorgeous visuals (1280x720 resolution)
- Fiendish puzzles
- Fiendish voice cast
- Lots of very, very bad jokes

Marvel at the refitted Disaster Area!

Delight in the aliens you will meet:

Collapse under the weight of sci-fi references hidden in the game (okay, probably hidden in plain sight, but still)...
(Also spend many sleepless nights wondering if this is a typo of a clever corruption of a word…)

Gasp at the dramatic cut-scenes!

Did I mention it’s Available to wishlist on Steam now?  ;-D

Total Posts: 1261

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I wishlisted this very morning.

Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is a hidden gem, very funny and with fair puzzles. Always recommended.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Thanks! Smile

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2014-03-07

PM

Looks great mate, wishlisted the second I saw it! Smile

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Thanks mate ☺️☺️

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Game looks very sharp, like playing in a comic book. This is at the top of my looking forward to list.

There appears to be a typo in one of the screenshots. ‘Helmet’ is spelled ‘Helment’.

Pbbbbbth!

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Baron_Blubba - 01 February 2023 06:11 PM

There appears to be a typo in one of the screenshots. ‘Helmet’ is spelled ‘Helment’.

Clarification - it was a typo. After someone pointed it out, I decided to make it a feature of the game (the line CD says next will explain why Cool )

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Bug

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

@rtrooney - haha love that image!

I’ve updated the screenshot so that people stop thinking it’s an error (even though it was originally - but don’t tell them that!!)

Actually the new screenie does contain a placeholder but never mind that for now.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Now we know why they were such terrible shooters haha!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

CaptainD - 02 February 2023 01:50 PM
Baron_Blubba - 01 February 2023 06:11 PM

Clarification - it was a typo. After someone pointed it out, I decided to make it a feature of the game (the line CD says next will explain why Cool )

Yes, I noticed you mentioned that in your first post. I was just joshing. Hence the ‘pbbbbbth’, which was supposed to come across as an onomotopeia or however you spell that darn word for me sticking my tongue out and blowing.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Ah sorry I completely failed to pick up on that. Anyway it was a nice excuse to post another screenshot. :-)

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Trailer released!

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Looks great!

Keep up with the good work.

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

The demo for Captain Disaster and the Two Worlds of Riskara is now also available on Itch!

https://captaind.itch.io/captain-disaster-and-the-two-worlds-of-riskara

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top