• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Incantamentum (by Cloak and Dagger games) is now The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, some time ago I opened a thread recommending Cloak and Dagger games, one of the best developers of adventure games nowadays, and I said I was looking forward to their next project, Incantamentum.

They found a publisher, none other than Wadjet Eye Games. I am really happy for them, as they will probably get the credit they deserve. And I am sure they game will have a superb voice acting (Wadget Eye Games trade-mark).

Then again, I’ve got mixed feelings about this, as WAG never translate games, and Cloak and Dagger managed to translate some of their games into Spanish. Now that’s unlikely with this game, as WAG’s policy is “translations are not worthwhile”.

Anyway, you can wishlist the game in Steam, and I fully trust you won’t regret it:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1182310/The_Excavation_of_Hobs_Barrow/

P.S Play Cloak and Dagger games.

P.S.S I don’t get any reward for recommending their games.

P.S.S.S I preferred game’s previous name…

P.S.S.S.S I shouldn’t post when I am drinking rum with coke, it makes me too talkative…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

walas74 - 18 September 2022 04:51 AM

Then again, I’ve got mixed feelings about this, as WAG never translate games, and Cloak and Dagger managed to translate some of their games into Spanish. Now that’s unlikely with this game, as WAG’s policy is “translations are not worthwhile”.

Isn’t that the case only with the games Wadjet is developing?
Many of the games they have published, developed by someone else, actually do have translations, in some relatively bizarre languages too in some cases.

P.S.S.S.S I shouldn’t post when I am drinking rum with coke, it makes me too talkative…

Shouldn’t those be:
P.S.
P.P.S.
P.P.P.S.
P.P.P.P.S.

Gasp

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Shouldn’t those be:
P.S.
P.P.S.
P.P.P.S.
P.P.P.P.S.

Gasp

Which part of “I shouldn’t post when I am drinking rum with coke” you didn’t understand?  Tongue

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

And please, tell me one game published by WAG even not developed by them that is translated in Spanish…

Believe me that I know what I am talking about… Technobabylon was not a game by WAG, they published it, I translated it. Shardlight was not a game by WAG, they published it. I translated it.

P.S.P.SP.PSSS.PP Yes, still sticked to rum with coke.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

walas74 - 18 September 2022 08:08 AM

Shouldn’t those be:
P.S.
P.P.S.
P.P.P.S.
P.P.P.P.S.

Gasp

Which part of “I shouldn’t post when I am drinking rum with coke” you didn’t understand?  Tongue

If we’re sticking with spelling & grammar…
shouldn’t WAG be WEG?

(enjoy your rum and coke)
Tongue

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

walas74 - 18 September 2022 08:12 AM

And please, tell me one game published by WAG even not developed by them that is translated in Spanish…

Primordia.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

It was me who translated Primordia into Spanish with a friend and for years it was only available as a patch in Woormwood Studios web site. It was only after years of my friend (yes, I consider him my friend) Mark Yohalem asking for Dave Gilbert to add our translation to Steam that it was possible.

You want proof? Here yoy have:

http://www.wormwoodstudios.com/2016/06/traduccion-espanola.html

Mark was so glad with our translation (because he speaks some Spanish as he lived in Costa Rica some time) that he was so kind of sending me this (my favourite ever and made just for me):

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I can’t believe I could write previous post so well as I did being drunk.

Please Gatekeeper, I never wanted to argue with you, just showing the facts. If I offended you in any way, blame rum. In Colombia is too cheap (I am Spaniard but ten years ago I married a Colombian women I met online… Well, as Michale Ende would day, “But that is another story and shall be told another time.”

Or thread hahaha

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Que mas parce?

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

Will be out some time today. Quite looking forward to it ...
... also just generally how it’ll do. Whenever I lately checked on p&c-s they are commercially doing reaaaaaaaaaaaaally badly compared to everything else (well, Monkey Island I guess is an exception for obvious reasons).

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

The game is out and on sale for a little over $13. I think I might get it because it’s getting pretty great reviews and it would be a perfect game for Halloween

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Pyoro-2 - 28 September 2022 04:14 AM

Will be out some time today. Quite looking forward to it ...
... also just generally how it’ll do. Whenever I lately checked on p&c-s they are commercially doing reaaaaaaaaaaaaally badly compared to everything else (well, Monkey Island I guess is an exception for obvious reasons).

Do you have a source for this or just inferring from steam reviews.

If you want to give Wadjet Eye and Cloak and Dagger more support you can buy directly from them here.

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

TheLongestJourney - 28 September 2022 10:15 AM

Just Steam reviews / player numbers, attention elsewhere, and occasionally the devs. Might of course be all sorts of coincidence / factors but at this stage I’d find that very surprising. Anyway, doesn’t have too much with the game itself, so probably not the time to debate this. ^^

For now I’m more concerned by how much play time and what sort of puzzles this one delivers (or not Wink ).

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Pyoro-2 - 28 September 2022 10:55 AM
TheLongestJourney - 28 September 2022 10:15 AM

Just Steam reviews / player numbers, attention elsewhere, and occasionally the devs. Might of course be all sorts of coincidence / factors but at this stage I’d find that very surprising. Anyway, doesn’t have too much with the game itself, so probably not the time to debate this. ^^

For now I’m more concerned by how much play time and what sort of puzzles this one delivers (or not Wink ).

Right, I don’t think I’m going to have time to start it today, but will play a bit tomorrow. I’m guessing it will be in the 4-7 hour range, probably with pretty straight-forward puzzles based on the demo.

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Pyoro-2 - 28 September 2022 10:55 AM

Interestingly, the reviewer here on AG (The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow Review) says they took about 20 hours to complete the game, while most other reviews I’ve seen indicate about 4-6 hours of gameplay. Quite the disparity.

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Being well-received. Wishlisted it on Steam.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top