• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How does an online co-op point-and-click game sound?

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2022-05-18

PM

We are a small indie games team based in the UK, and we have been working on an online co-op point-and-click game for the past year (exactly 1 year as of today Laughing )

One of the editors Jack Allin from Adventure Gamers wrote an article about us about 6 months ago, that’s how we discovered this place.

We are a group of game devs who share a common interest in online co-op games, and we found out there are very few narrative games that offer meaningful online co-op. And we like murder mysteries, that’s why we started developing Whispers in the West - an online multiplayer murder mystery game. Ace Attorney with online coop, and Among Us but with stories, that’s where we want to go.

We have a great team and we released a demo on Steam recently, in preparation for the Steam Next Fest next week (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1868070/).

But, to be honest with you, the future of our game remains uncertain. Publishers are not quite convinced by the idea of an online co-op point-and-click game. Paradoxically, an overwhelming majority of players who played this game give the game 8+ out of 10 scores (there are over 100 players including streamers who have played the game so far, most of them were strangers to us).

So this leaves us truly puzzled, is the concept of the online co-op point-and-click game the problem, or is it our execution, or is it that we haven’t found our audience? or is it just a matter of luck?

We would truly appreciate you check out our game (https://whispersinthewest.infinite-y.com/) and let us know your thoughts - as many of you are avid gamers of relevant genres.

Thank you   Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Whispers In The West - 08 June 2022 11:25 AM

Publishers are not quite convinced by the idea of an online co-op point-and-click game. Paradoxically, an overwhelming majority of players who played this game give the game 8+ out of 10 scores (there are over 100 players including streamers who have played the game so far, most of them were strangers to us).

i wish i have the time to play the demo and tell my honest opinion, but from this paragraph, i cant tell you 100% if the crowd is liking it and the publishers are not, just going for a crowdfund

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Just from my personal point of view, I like playing games at my own pace.  I don’t mind sharing ideas and discoveries as we do in our community playthrough threads, but I’m not interested in any online multiplayer experience.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I looked at the demo/trailer/teaser you posted on the Murder Mystery Games thread, and found it quite confusing. I don’t know how I could possibly maintain my train of thought with pop-up balloons and voices interrupting me every 20 seconds. There may be a market for this. Heck! There’s a market for just about anything. But, I’m afraid I’m just not part of it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top