• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nelza

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

February Adventure Games

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

What games is everyone looking forward to playing/interested in this month, new release wise? I try to stay aware of everything coming out but you can’t know every game. So maybe there’s some cool ones you guys are looking forward to that I’ve overlooked.

January was pretty dry but this month I’ve got my eye on 3 games:
Martha Is Dead - This game’s picked up notoriety from a recent controversy. The PlayStation version has some censorship and people aren’t happy about it. That aside, I got interested in this game after playing the demo a few months ago. It’s a beautiful looking 1st person adventure with what seemed like cool photography based puzzle elements. The game definitely doesn’t shy away from some extremely gruesome imagery. I’m interested in seeing where its aesthetic and themes will build toward.

Perfect Tides - A retro adventure with writing and art direction by Meredith Gran, who made a great comic called Octopus Pie. It’s a slice of life game where you play as a shy girl named Mara, clumsily navigating her social life through four seasons on an island called Perfect Tides. The 2nd person narration gives me Sierra vibes. I’ve also been impressed with the art and animation in this game whenever I see it. Plus I’m always down for a new adventure game with slice-of-life themes in between Life is Strange titles.

Yotsume God Reunion - A Japanese adventure game by a developer called SEEC. SEEC has quietly amassed a sizable cult following for their games in the mobile market, in both Japan and English speaking countries. I’ve been interested in some of their games but was turned off by the mobile game ticket based progression structure. So I’m happy they’re starting to make stuff for PC without any of that baggage. Starting with a remake of one of their most well received games. This one actually comes out tomorrow so I’ll probably be playing it soon.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

About an Elf: This one is a super weird one. Just watch the trailer. The gameplay and puzzles are pretty lacking, but the zany dialogue and surreal setting were great. Also, Princess Dam is an early contender for adventure game character of the year.

Letters - A Written Adventure: This one was a short and sweet coming of age story. I really liked the wordplay and altering words to progress the story was an interesting mechanic.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Wow, that About an Elf trailer was something else. I may have to give that one a go.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

PlanetX - 15 February 2022 03:34 AM

Wow, that About an Elf trailer was something else. I may have to give that one a go.

Haha do it! It’s more of a visual novel than point and click, where the only puzzles amount to trying to figure out which attack to use from a random image. It only took me around 4 hours to complete so it’s not a long game.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2022-04-16

PM

Perfect Tides is a good retro game, i enjoyed playing it.  techzpod mobdro download

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top