• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #70: Day of the Tentacle

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yea, I can finish up my last 15 mins any evening now.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Yes, I’ve now finished the game & it only took 15 minutes at the most!

I played this game for the first time & thought it was excellent!  Thumbs Up

Thank you diego for leading this playthrough, a game on conclusion that I can see was a very difficult one to divide up into parts with more or less equal playing time. so I appreciated the freedom to pursue it without any constraints within each part & I don’t see how else you could have done it without too much direction. 
Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Finished the game.

Still has a place in my heart. Thanks for leading the CPT, diego!

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Veovis - 28 February 2022 06:52 AM

Can’t shake the feeling that the silence in this thread is because of the dark things happening here in Europe right now. It’s hard to find joy in playing computer games (or in anything for that matter…) as long as this situation continues. Hope everyone is alright at least.

I’m surprised that we’ve not seen a post by management on this topic. There are many developers in the area. Frogwares is headquartered in Ukraine. I can’t name a casual game developer that is not headquartered in Eastern Europe or Russia. I hope all of you find a way to stay safe.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanks everyone for joining the playthrough of this brilliant game! Cool If anyone is still playing feel free to post your impressions in this thread, and as for now we can unpin it and vote for another playthrough.

I will write more extensive impressions and “original vs remastered” soon.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I finally managed to play my 15 mins.

I seem to have missed 21 hidden achievements, so I guess my play style was pretty streamlined. I think I missed tons of dialogue too just because I didn’t experience much roaming around, there was always something to do, and I managed to complete some things before there was any hint available that something should be done - not always intentionally. So in a way I think my playthrough suffered just a bit from all the earlier memories.

But the game is still great. The puzzles are really fun and satisfying, and while some of them are kind of out there, they do follow the in-game logic, so they don’t seem unfair.

The story has aged well too - it seems rather timeless. There’s really nothing in the game that would make me cringe (which happens quite a lot when I go back to other stuff I liked in the 90s). Maybe the hamster part a bit - it feels just a bit worse every time.

The remaster was a letdown. I didn’t even try out the verb wheel as I don’t really like them. But the graphics were just okay and the glitches really jarred the whole experience.  For example, much of the comedic timing was lost with the dragging subtitles. I am a bit unsure if this remaster managed to do anything good - for example promoting the game to a new audience.

All in all, this was fun. Thanks for the playthrough.

(I guess I need to check out Sam & Max - Hit the Road soon. Though I haven’t played most of the newer ones.)

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top