• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifuSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Novice game developers looking for an artist

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Hello there Smile

I’m looking for an overall artist (or two, or three for the matter). We need him to draw the backgrounds, characters, walk cycles, concept art, etc, lots of stuff, lots of work. What we’d want is something along the lines of what we can see in “Beneath a steel sky”, later Space Quest’s, first two broken swords, etc, or if we’re talking modern than “Resonance”/“Gemini Rue”, not saying we need a professional though, even better if not. Any novice artist is also welcome.

The game itself is planned as a sci-fi noir thriller with a twisted plot. In a nutshell, it’s about a man who got a body-transplant, an experimental surgical operation to move a “soul” from one body to another. He can’t remember much about himself and on top of that he soon realizes that he is not quite alone in his new body.

I’m writing the script, characters and dialogue and also help with programming, my colleague is the main programmer. We’ll basically be using AGS and all the goodies will be written using LUA plugin. The worst thing is, we can’t really draw, that’s why we absolutely need an artist. Unfortunately, we don’t have money to pay you, keep that in mind.

Please contact me here, or write to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Don’t hesitate to write me Smile

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

I would recommend that you start using ‘programmer art’, and get the skeleton of your game in place before you contract an artist.
When you start actual production, you realize how much stuff you end up throwing away, which is really a terrible thing if you have an artist working for free!

Plus, artists are more likely to join in an contribute to a project that already has something to show, than something that is just starting up. Too many projects crash and burn before they even get off the ground.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Thanks for your reply! You have a solid point.

We are indeed working on a skeleton at the moment. But we aren’t really looking to contract an artist, it’s more of a search for a fellow soul who is also an adventure game fan and wants to learn as we do, if you know what I mean? Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top