• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nelza

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Nazi hunter detective/thriller game “Ashland Dossier” is out tomorrow.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2021-08-02

PM

Hello, dear colleagues!

What we’re making now is an espionage thriller that is set in the Cold war era:

————————————————————————————————————————————
After WWII, numerous Nazis managed to slip through the cracks and escape overseas. Like rats, they scattered around the world to hide in shadows believing that the long arm of justice will never reach them. However, this is one fatal delusion.
In the late 1950s, a private investigative organization has been formed. INCU (International Nazi Crime Unit) has only one specific goal in mind: to find such criminals and get them back for a fair trial.

You will assume the role of an officer that is looking for a group of the most rotten scoundrels. In the past, all of them committed extremely heinous crimes which are still left unpunished. Your goal is to find their trail, gather all the possible evidence, and finally bring them to justice.

Easier said than done, though. There is another new force that has just appeared out of nowhere – «Ashland». Unfortunately, these people will stop at nothing in their decisive effort to help runaway Nazis…
————————————————————————————————————————————-

The game features a lot of puzzles, quests, and deductions.

Here are some gameplay screenshots:

If you guys feel like it, you might want to check out the demo:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1174680/Ashland_Dossier/

Here is a video too:

Also, what do you think about this topic/concept?
And another question is what are your favorite detective/investigation games? Which has the best story and/or gameplay?

Thanx for your attention! Hopefully, we’ll have some answers here )

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Well, I’m certainly intrigued! I see quite a lot of UI in the screenshots but that’s not necessarily a bad thing if it makes the mechanics and story work.
Favourite detective games? Discworld Noir and the Blackwell series, more recently Tim Sheinman’s mystery games. But I’m also a sucker for a good CSI-type forensic hack.

Joined 2021-08-02

PM

Phlebas - 02 August 2021 06:21 AM

Well, I’m certainly intrigued! I see quite a lot of UI in the screenshots but that’s not necessarily a bad thing if it makes the mechanics and story work.
Favourite detective games? Discworld Noir and the Blackwell series, more recently Tim Sheinman’s mystery games. But I’m also a sucker for a good CSI-type forensic hack.

Yeah, usually it takes some UI to wrangle the forensics component, but we tried to keep only needful stuff there. So it shouldn’t be too distractive or anything like that.

Thanx for mentioning your favorite games! Will definitely check them out.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Britvak17 - 02 August 2021 05:57 AM

And another question is what are your favorite detective/investigation games?

When someone says “detective adventure”, I immediately think of these two:

- The Detective Game (C64)
- The Darkside Detective

Two very different approaches on the concept of trench coat wearing detective.

Which has the best story and/or gameplay?

Well, in that case we must think about something completely different. Let’s say Broken Sword. It draws you into the adventure from the memorable opening scene (which the DC version completely ruined).

Joined 2021-08-02

PM

GateKeeper - 03 August 2021 03:15 AM

And another question is what are your favorite detective/investigation games?

When someone says “detective adventure”, I immediately think of these two:

- The Detective Game (C64)
- The Darkside Detective

Two very different approaches on the concept of trench coat wearing detective.

Which has the best story and/or gameplay?

Well, in that case we must think about something completely different. Let’s say Broken Sword. It draws you into the adventure from the memorable opening scene (which the DC version completely ruined).

Thanx for that answer! I also remember playing Police Quest back in the 90s. Can’t remember the plot and such, though. Must’ve been a detective game too.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I played Police Quest! I’m not sure that I got very far though - about the only things I remember are that the car blew up if I didn’t check all round it before getting in, and that a hot blonde I stopped for speeding gave me a fake phone number that got me into trouble.

Joined 2021-08-02

PM

Phlebas - 03 August 2021 05:56 AM

I played Police Quest! I’m not sure that I got very far though - about the only things I remember are that the car blew up if I didn’t check all round it before getting in, and that a hot blonde I stopped for speeding gave me a fake phone number that got me into trouble.

There were like a few parts of the game, 3 o 4, maybe?

The latest “Quest series” I remember kinda well is Space Quest 6, released in 1996 or so.
Roger Wilko or whatever the guy’s name was ) Damn good game.

I had a CD copy of it, but the game crashed like after 20 minutes into it (

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Britvak17 - 03 August 2021 06:01 AM

The latest “Quest series” I remember kinda well is Space Quest 6, released in 1996 or so.
Roger Wilko or whatever the guy’s name was )

Roger Wilco.
And in case you never paid any attention to it, it’s a pun from a radio call: “roger, will comply”.

Britvak17 - 03 August 2021 06:01 AM

Damn good game.

Yep, Space Quest series wasn’t bad at all.
Let’s hope SpaceVenture comes out this year.  Thumbs Up

Joined 2021-08-02

PM

Hello everyone!

Finally, we’re nearly there.
The game is coming out tomorrow:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1174680/Ashland_Dossier/

So pls try the demo is you already haven’t and leave us some feedback if at all possible.
Maybe, add the game to your wishlist too )

Another thing. If anyone’s feeling like writing a review or making a video, I’ll be glad to provide a key or two.

Other than that, pls stay safe and well.

All the best wishes,
PsyRob team.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top