Adventure Gamers - Forums
The Quantum Prisoner awaits you!
Hello adventure gamers!
We are proud to introduce you “The Quantum Prisoner” an adventure/puzzle game at the heart of science and technology, now available in english.
Travel all over the world with Zoe, and reveal Artus Cropp’s legacy, a physicist who mysteriously disappeared in the 60’s after he made an incredible discovery hidden inside the matter.
Here are a few particularities of this game which makes it a bit special:
- The CEA is a french public scientific research organism working in various fields, we are not a professional studio. The game was “homemade” with our fellow scientists and a ridiculous budget (just 1 dev and 1 artist), that’s why gameplay and graphics are quite simple!
- It’s totally free: no ads, no account required (unless you want to synchronise your progression on several devices). Our sole purpose is to disseminate science and make it fun!
- It features 10 to 12h of gameplay including more than 30 logic or science based, and very original puzzles (have you ever played with a particle accelerator, a fuel cell or a mass spectrometer?)
- Adventure, sci-fi plot, humor, secondary quests…: it’s much more a ” game serious ” than a ” a serious game “. You don’t have to be a scientist to play it, as you can use clues to help you if you’re stuck, but if you’re curious you can also learn more about the science inside the game with many complementary videos.
- It’s a browser-based game, nothing to install, you just need a modern browser (chrome recommended), including smartphones and tabs. It can be installed as a an app (for android) from the website and can also be preloaded to reduce loading times and play offline.
That’s all, hope you’ll like our little game! Feel free to share your comments here or on the discord server.
- The quantum Prisoner team.
Needless to say, I’ll have to give this a try!
I enjoy playing adventure games on handheld systems- PS VITA, Nintendo DS and ipad mini.
It looks really interesting. I downloaded it already and will probably start as soon as I complete the game I am currently playing.