• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jatsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

THE AGGIE AWARDS

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Uh, no. I believe my subscription started earlier. I’m not sure how to check, since I cancelled my subscription today, but I believe I signed up in 2017, if not a bit earlier.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Never mind, it’s none of my business.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Rtrooney, you started a thread in the Patreon forum in December specifically asking for instructions on how to unsubscribe, and you even confirmed that they worked.

The email requesting Aggie input was sent out to our mailing list of all current subscribers in January.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Jackal - 01 February 2020 11:16 PM

Rtrooney, you started a thread in the Patreon forum in December specifically asking for instructions on how to unsubscribe, and you even confirmed that they worked.

The email requesting Aggie input was sent out to our mailing list of all current subscribers in January.

I thought I did cancel in December 2019. But then I got a receipt in January 2020, I thought it was some sort of carryover. But then I received another email receipt yesterday. So my attempt to cancel obviously did not go through as I expected. I believe it is now taken care of.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

You mean like how we gave Last Window game of the year? And how Japanese games used to regularly win our “Best Handheld/Console” category back when there were enough of them to merit giving their own award?

Boy, was this ever an amazing time in gaming. Now every games comes out on all platforms. Those old DS adventure games did not play or look like anything else on the market.

Good times.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

As always Wadjet Eye takes most of the Awards, they are now maybe the only dev with the real classical deal!

CONGRATS Underhill, and Stuck in The Attic also for getting 6 Aggies awards, but with an earlier 3 stars review, lol, amazing stuff.

..But really what a lovely game it was (Gibbous), wish to see where you guys will be heading next, soon…. keep on rockin and adventuring.

Have to play Outer Wilds; best AG of the year tho.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2019-05-22

PM

Advie - 07 February 2020 12:41 PM

As always Wadjet Eye takes most of the Awards, they are now maybe the only dev with the real classical deal!

Which game are you referring to, I wonder?

Anyhow, I’m very proud and happy to see Joel’s and my game Whispers of a Machine get so many awards, the support from this community is great!

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Whispers of a Machine is not a Wadjet Eye game, Advie Smile But wow, AG readers sure enjoyed this and Gibbous, together they took almost every award. Also glad Disco Elysium got some love and a bit sad Hypnospace went almost unnoticed. But nice results nevertheless. It’s interesting how even without Daedalic European devs are still the main power behind the adventure genre.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 07 February 2020 01:30 PM

Whispers of a Machine is not a Wadjet Eye game, Advie Smile

Ahh, haven’t played it yet, but one look at the graphics and I could ‘ve sworn IT IS.. but cheers Doom!

FaravidInteractive - 07 February 2020 01:06 PM
Advie - 07 February 2020 12:41 PM

Which game are you referring to, I wonder?

My bad, FaravidInteractive Smile
CONGRATS!  Heart

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hey congrats to all the winners, runners-up, etc! All these games look great. Just like every year the Aggies allowed me to discover some gems that I missed before. Thanks to the AG team for all the hard work!

I almost didn’t play in 2019 (games in general, not only adventure) and did a very poor selection of games for the vote as a Patreon. There were great games like Disco Elysium that I’m sure could have received my vote, but I didn’t have the opportunity to play it so I didn’t vote for it…

I’ m not very attentive these days. Have the complete list of awards been published long ago?

I just discovered that Myha got a Silver Aggie. A huge surprise! It’s an honor, Denis and I are very excited. We’re sure it will allow us to continue to improve ourselves and our games. It sure is very motivating at least. Thank you for your support everyone!

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Wow! We are amazed. These Aggies we won are very, very special to us, since the Adventuregamers forums was the place where Gibbous was first revealed, where we got feedback from you guys, from the very first demo, through the Kickstarter which many of you supported, to the launch. Not going to lie, the review on the site hurt a bit Tongue But this is our first game, and we appreciated (and I’d like to think, also learned from) every bit of feedback we’ve received.

We’ve put a lot of hard work into Gibbous, trying to make it the game us point and click hardcore aficionados would have wanted to play, and even though not everything came out perfectly the response in general, and from this community in particular, was amazing.

Congrats to all the big winners, I just wish I had had the time to play them all. Maybe this year…

Thank you Adventuregamers, and thank you to all of you who voted and got us these awesome Readers’ Choice Awards. We’re not taking them for granted, and I promise the next game will be even better. Love from Romania! Heart

Liviu, Cami and Nicu

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I am so glad that two games I was tester won so many aggies: Gibbous (translation into Spanish) and Whispers of a Machine (betatester from nearly the beginning).

And especially happy for Kitteh. As I said since I first met her, I love her and she well deserves it.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Doom - 07 February 2020 01:30 PM

a bit sad Hypnospace went almost unnoticed. But nice results nevertheless.

Best comedy writing is hardly unnoticed!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

My opinions:

We did get an AAA release with Life is Strange 2. Also, we got a AA game with The Walking Dead Final Season. If you look at adventure games compared to Hollywood, we are similar in our releases, 90% of Hollywood release are indies, and, like us, most of the academy awards go to indies.

Anyway, I loved Whispers of a Machine and it got lots of love, thank you.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Wow, thank you so much for the support, everyone! Laughing Honored and proud to win so many Aggies this year!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top