• Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums
0 new post/s since your last visit
0 new comment/s since your last visit
Last visited on 12/13/19 at 04:14 pm

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Edna&Harvey; is back… sort of

Total Posts: 5831

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout - Anniversary Edition is soon on Steam, woohoo!

It’s been redrawn!!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Edna looks far less angry and psychotic in the redraw. It sure is prettier especially the backgrounds but I’m not sure I like the changes to the characters.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeah, they made her a bit younger and less angry. Not good.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5394

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

They should have left her alone. She’s far from an imbecile but now she looks like one.

You might want to be careful where you put your cursor, though, you don’t know where that thing’s been before.  Jen, Four Fat Chicks

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

The angry look always was a bit odd, since most of the time she seems to be quite equanimous. It’s only in a few scenes where she’s really angry.

But I agree they overdid the goofiness with her eyes.

That being said if you just want the old look with the new mechanics I guess you can simply switch back and forth. It’s a nice feature but tells me that they didn’t do anything in terms of fundamental changes, which I personally wouldn’t have minded. Oh well.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Pyoro-2 - 02 December 2019 01:31 PM

It’s a nice feature but tells me that they didn’t do anything in terms of fundamental changes, which I personally wouldn’t have minded. Oh well.

What exactly? I’m asking because I can’t think of anything fundamentally that could improve the game, apart from those repetitive elevator travels.

Total Posts: 4473

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I only got around to playing the Edna & Harvey games last year - so won’t be partaking in the enhanced version but if you haven’t played this game yet, love a good traditional point & click game with the expected puzzles & a good story please try!    Smile

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

diego - 02 December 2019 03:06 PM

What exactly? I’m asking because I can’t think of anything fundamentally that could improve the game, apart from those repetitive elevator travels.

I don’t know. Maybe a few different/alternative puzzles here or there, or an extra room to get through, or something. Just a little bit to expand/refresh the old game, I suppose.

New graphics and controls are nice but (for me) probably not enough to play it again. We’ll see. Maybe one day ...

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!