• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CelesteGBGabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Schizm 3

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

https://store.steampowered.com/app/986350/Schizm_3_Nemezis/

I’m surprised there is no thread about this.

Schizm was a series that on paper should have suited me perfectly - lone exploration, devious puzzles, beautiful environments. Somehow none of it ever worked for me like Myst did.

Any Schizm fans from back in the day? Are you excited about the new sequel?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I loved the first one. The puzzles were brutal but satisfying and generally fair. I got it on GOG some time ago and will replay it someday.

(I’m still convinced that one of the puzzles is completely wrong. They want you to do conversions between two numeral systems, but because the systems are positional but lack a zero, the whole thing just makes no sense.)

I tried the second one ages ago, but it ended up being pretty much the only realtime-3D game to ever give me motion sickness, so I didn’t go far at all. Maybe I should give it another try on my current computer (supposing I can even find the box, and then get the game to run).

I hadn’t heard about the new one. I might be interested.

Do you remember game Schizm? After many years we are comming back to Argilus planet. This time characters of the game are two tourists(Amia, Bogard) that goes on attractive planet.

They’ll need to hire a proper translator, though.

EDIT: Also, I should note that Schizm and Myst are very different games. Schizm is kind of what people who haven’t played Myst think Myst is like. While gathering information from various locations and figuring out how it all fits is important, like in Myst, there are also elements of (tough) logic/maths puzzles in Schizm that are (mostly) absent from Myst.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2004-04-08

PM

Yeah, they need to do a lot of work there.

Also the end of the trailer is just baffling. I assume it’s meant to be comedic except it doesn’t even linger on the gag and the tone of the rest of the trailer doesn’t fit it so who knows.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I love games like Myst and RHEM but Schizm didn’t do it for me. I quit the first one after encountering a few puzzles that made me lose faith in the developer’s ability to create fair puzzles. Hard is alright, but in order to be enyoyable a hard puzzle must always seem fair after being solved and properly clued. Schizm failed in this regard for me, with soultions to puzzles that I didn’t understand even after solving them with the help of a walkthrough (which I hate having to do, especially in a game like Schizm)). This was a long time ago though. Maybe I’ll give it another try some day.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2008-03-15

PM

I look forward to the freedom of movement in first person. You probably can’t go everywhere like in the previous Schizm but that’s ok.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2004-02-26

PM

Just logging in after a few months to say that many many years after Chameleon, after reat the review, seems that Schizm 3 is exactly the same game as the predecessors: not very well written, with an interface that gets in the way, puzzles more dependent on patience rather than skill, lack of pacing and a beautiful exterior. Weirdly it made me feel happy, as if the traditions are being maintained.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top