• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent Return to Zork feature

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-12-25

PM

I was really disappointed to see this in the feature - “As strange as this may be to newer generations of gamers, you can actually ruin your playthrough of RTZ within the first three clicks of starting and not realize until close to the end.”

How can you do this? I don’t believe this is correct.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

There is plant at the start of the game that is needed alive but it’s easy to do the wrong thing and kill it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2013-12-25

PM

Lucien21 - 07 October 2018 01:54 AM

There is plant at the start of the game that is needed alive but it’s easy to do the wrong thing and kill it.

And then you can burn it or eat it and a new one will grow. This is why I was disappointed. This myth has been promulgated for years.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2004-04-08

PM

That’s true but it does fit in with the review’s larger criticism of the game being frustrating and having illogical puzzles. There’s really no way to do this unless you decided to randomly burn or eat the plant, which most players would assume leads to a dead end, and then go back to where you originally found it. It’s probably why the myth continues to this day.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

It’s not that hard to miss eating or burning down the plant since it’s a graphic adventure, not an IF. I remember stumbling across this supposed dead end and solving it by simply trying out all options available. I don’t remember the game that well, but here’s a quote from the GOG forum:

Destroying the old one is the key to getting it to grow again, as the Mayor’s files on Bonding Plants states that a bonding plant will not regrow in the same place while the original still exists, whether alive OR dead.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-12-25

PM

Doom - 07 October 2018 04:04 PM

It’s not that hard to miss eating or burning down the plant since it’s a graphic adventure, not an IF. I remember stumbling across this supposed dead end and solving it by simply trying out all options available. I don’t remember the game that well, but here’s a quote from the GOG forum:

Destroying the old one is the key to getting it to grow again, as the Mayor’s files on Bonding Plants states that a bonding plant will not regrow in the same place while the original still exists, whether alive OR dead.

Correct - the mayor’s files do say it. Plus, anyone should know that to transport a plant, you dig it up rather than cutting it. It’s just common sense.

I mean, there are complaints to be made about some of the games puzzles, but that is not a fair one. It felt like the reviewer just read other reviews about the game and/or used a walkthrough rather than trying to puzzle through the game his/herself.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2018-07-29

PM

Oh!
Here I have been playing for a couple weeks/months and kept a grip on the thing.
I started playing this a few months ago, put on hold until after Shivers playthrough. At one of those “where do I go from here?” moments… you know the one… the fairy is unable to get away, I don’t want to go back through the swamp… I’m out of money, can’t even go back to my hotel room or get my sword back
No, surprisingly, I have not played this game before. Every Zork game after RtZ, but not this one, I thought it was one of those RPGs.

I tink, derefore, I am.
I tink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top