• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

grizzlypantsSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Talking cats? Solving a murder-mystery? Mee-ow!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2018-09-15

PM

Hey guys, I am South African indie developer and I’m super pleased to announce my new game, Nine Noir Lives. This is a point-and-click adventure game inspired by the great adventure games of old (but with talking cats!).

Stretch your legs, clean your whiskers, and dive into “Nine Noir Lives”. Enjoy a classic point-and-click adventure game, full of humour, crazy characters, and intriguing locations. Solve challenging puzzles and answer the immortal question: how many things need to be licked to solve a murder in this town

Check out our website to get involved!
Our Website! Mewsletter! Discord Community!

..and check out the steam page to wishlist the game!
Steam Wishlist!

Thanks guys
William

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Looks cute. When do you expect do release it?

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Joined 2018-09-15

PM

lucebend - 15 September 2018 08:35 AM

Looks cute. When do you expect do release it?

Hey Lucebend, we’re aiming for a release next year this time. It’s a very small team and we are super focused on the game oozing quality, from the puzzles to dialogue, backgrounds, character etc. so it takes a bit of time but in the end the actual game experience will be amazing.

We want to build a bigger world that people want to be invested one so right now we are gathering up interest and having people sign up to the newsletter is what i’m hoping will increase quite a bit. We’ll be sending out some great stuff like little novelization backstories for each of our characters with accompanying graphic etc. Fun things like that. Just need to get the word out! I know the game is gonna be great but other people need to now about it too!

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Beautiful!

Joined 2018-09-15

PM

Egon - 15 September 2018 10:33 AM

Beautiful!

Thanks Egon, there is so much good stuff! I wish I could share all of it but can’t quite just yet

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Good luck with that. I’ll add it to my list. It’s looking good.

Joined 2018-09-15

PM

LittleRose - 15 September 2018 04:06 PM

Good luck with that. I’ll add it to my list. It’s looking good.

Thanks LittleRose Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s a different setting, but somehow I’m getting an “Emerald City Confidential” vibe from that screenshot. Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I was wondering why it looked familiar, but I just couldn’t place it. Probably too much pink and not enough green. But yes, there is a similar style.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2018-09-15

PM

TimovieMan - 15 September 2018 04:25 PM

It’s a different setting, but somehow I’m getting an “Emerald City Confidential” vibe from that screenshot. Thumbs Up

Hey guys, I’m going to check out that game. Somehow it went under my radar but it screenshots make it look very enjoyable Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I got a Bear With Me vibe from the screenshot. Animals and noir are a popular theme nowadays.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

WilliamHK - 16 September 2018 02:31 AM

Hey guys, I’m going to check out that game. Somehow it went under my radar but it screenshots make it look very enjoyable Smile

We had a Community Playthrough of the game here. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Emerald City Confidential is more a casual game than an adventure game (at least for me), but I enjoyed a lot! A mature point of view of Oz’s world. I liked it so much that I translated it into Spanish.

Unfortunately, it’s not for sale in Steam anymore, and I don’t know if it is somewhere else.

And your game looks nice. I really hope it reaches a good conclusion.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m not sure that’s accurate. I just checked Steam, and it is there for download. I also checked Amazon and it is there as well.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

For download because you already had the game? I haven’t got at Steam and there is no buy button. Maybe it’s not for sale in Colombia but it is in other countries.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

walas74 - 16 September 2018 07:45 PM

Emerald City Confidential is more a casual game than an adventure game (at least for me), but I enjoyed a lot! A mature point of view of Oz’s world.

Was it really though?
Wizard of Oz was an allegory for the spiritual journey and discovery of ultimate truth of existence. It has its roots in ancient texts like the Upanishads. What was Emerald City about, beyond a criminal investigation, that made it more “mature” than this?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top