• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moon Castle

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

1st person puzzler just released today. I’m hoping this will be of the same high quality as other recent puzzlers like Quern and Xing.

A new adventure game like Myst, Riven and Obduction. You will find yourself trapped in a mysterious old castle and its surroundings. Explore, discover and solve puzzles in order to escape.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/803750/Moon_Castle/

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I’ve been keeping my eye on this one, looks pretty solid for a one man project. I’m also hoping it’s on par with Quern, Haven Moon, Catyph, etc. I’ll give it a week or 2 in case there are any bugs that need to be ironed out and to see what kind of reviews it gets.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sir Beardalot - 01 August 2018 08:29 PM

I’ve been keeping my eye on this one, looks pretty solid for a one man project. I’m also hoping it’s on par with Quern, Haven Moon, Catyph, etc. I’ll give it a week or 2 in case there are any bugs that need to be ironed out and to see what kind of reviews it gets.

Sadly, I’ve just tried it and it’s nowhere near those titles quality-wise. The movement is clunky with hold & drag needed to look around and no strafing, and the puzzles seem to be mostly unimaginative mini-games (noughts & crosses, word puzzles, etc) inserted into the map. No story either.

Maybe it improves as it goes on but for $20 I wasn’t willing to risk it and got a refund. That’s the same price as XING and almost as much as Quern, and whoever thought this game was worth paying that needs his mental health checked.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Dang, that’s disappointing, I was looking forward to something new to play. Oh well, now I have an excuse to get back to my Myst series playthrough Wink

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top