• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zane

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Secret Files 3 finally has a release date (SEP 14, 2012)

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

I’m replaying Tunguska at the moment, so I’ll have it fresh in my mind when I’m gonna play 3. From what I read, I’m gonna like 3 quite much.
But could someone, who has finished it, make a comparison to Lost Horizon, regarding the time the heroes keep on speaking after clicking on an item or during a dialogue?

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2012-09-26

PM

scorp18 - 24 September 2012 04:39 AM

I’m replaying Tunguska at the moment, so I’ll have it fresh in my mind when I’m gonna play 3. From what I read, I’m gonna like 3 quite much.
But could someone, who has finished it, make a comparison to Lost Horizon, regarding the time the heroes keep on speaking after clicking on an item or during a dialogue?

I also played Tunguska right before playing SF3. Regarding your question, do you mean the length/extensiveness of conversations and item descriptions compared to those in LH? If so it’s been a while since I played LH but [in my opinion] descriptions are pretty similar although LH has more dialogue. Actually seems to me that LH has a lot more everything.
I agree about SF3 being the weakest of the bunch (especially disappointed in the so-called multiple paths premise), took me 5 hours to complete compared to LH’s 15ish (from memory).
SF2 remains my fav of the three, I actually was beginning to miss those ludicrous-but-lengthy inventory-based puzzles by the time SF3 wrapped up
Gasp

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

p1nk0es - 27 September 2012 12:13 AM

I also played Tunguska right before playing SF3. Regarding your question, do you mean the length/extensiveness of conversations and item descriptions compared to those in LH? If so it’s been a while since I played LH but [in my opinion] descriptions are pretty similar although LH has more dialogue. Actually seems to me that LH has a lot more everything.
I agree about SF3 being the weakest of the bunch (especially disappointed in the so-called multiple paths premise), took me 5 hours to complete compared to LH’s 15ish (from memory).
SF2 remains my fav of the three, I actually was beginning to miss those ludicrous-but-lengthy inventory-based puzzles by the time SF3 wrapped up
Gasp

Yeah, that’s what I meant. Thanks for the reply. I was so bored of reading all these long dialogues in LH (or descriptions of items). I remember I just clicked on an item or started a dialogue and then I had to wait for several minutes until it was over…  Confused So from what you say, I understand that I’m gonna like SF3 more than LH (which I honestly didn’t like so much - it was ok but could have been muuuuuuuch shorter). Up to now, Tunguska is my favorite.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2007-07-06

PM

I know it’s an old thread but is there going to be a Secret Files 4 or any other similar games from Deep Silver? we are due for some good adventure

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think the recently released Secret Files: Sam Peters is related but someone that played might confirm it

http://store.steampowered.com/app/257220/

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Yes , its a spin off rather than a 4th part

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top