• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Good news: Ragnar is making Dreamfall Chapters

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2004-09-01

PM

This news is so exciting, I can’t believe it!

I frankly never expected to get the rest of the story told. This is truly the news of the year for me. I loved loved loved Dreamfall, and really like TLJ a lot as well. This is proof that sometimes good things happen in gaming!

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

What good news. I shall have to replay Dreamfall now, for it’s been so long I can hardly remember it.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Great! Just hope the game concentrate on story & puzzles than playing around with various unnecessary game mechanic like Dreamfall.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

At last! Great great news.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ragnar is answering to fans on Twitter

New Info

Game will not be episodic, will end DreamFall but not the end of the saga.
Kickstarter will likely to start in 1st quarter next year.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Also said it will be direct control like Dreamfall- (“but better. Much Better.”) So no point and click.

And said it wouldn’t be short. It would infact, be unshort. Whatever that means…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

A.A - 05 November 2012 08:26 AM

And said it wouldn’t be short. It would infact, be unshort. Whatever that means…

“Undreaming”-type of reference???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-09-dreamfall-chapters-will-be-a-single-player-adventure-game-for-pc-and-mac

“Dreamfall Chapters is not point-and-click, no,” Tornquist explained. “We are going to evolve the gameplay style we started in Dreamfall. We’re not going to do,” he paused to laugh, “combat, but it will be a third-person adventure.”

Wooot!

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yeah!
I had given up all hope that Dreamfall Chapters would ever be made, it shows that you should never give up hope. (Should i also begin to belive in santa again?)
Cant wait to spend my money on the Kickstarter campaign Smile

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

New details revealed on Dreamfall Chapters

- Three playable characters, two of which are new
- Will not be episodic, but will have three distinct “books”
- They’ve already made a prototype and feel the control system vastly improves that from Dreamfall
- The game’s story will span a period of one year
- “Probably won’t” be the last game in the Longest Journey series
- Kickstarter campaign will begin in early 2013
- New studio allows Ragnar the creative freedom he needs to make the game

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Is this thing on???

Wink

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

All sounds great to me. If there’s one thing I love about Ragnar’s games it’s that they’re impossible to predict. I can’t wait to see how Zoe has changed—if April is anything to go by she’ll be completely different.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

inm8#2 - 14 December 2012 03:42 PM

So Zoë and two others then Laughing I didn’t see that in the article by the way. Where does it say two of the characters will be new?

- Will not be episodic, but will have three distinct “books”

Much better!

- They’ve already made a prototype and feel the control system vastly improves that from Dreamfall

They would say that…  Shifty Eyed Also seems to suggest that PC gamers will be saddled with whatever control scheme the console ones get.

- “Probably won’t” be the last game in the Longest Journey series

Yuck! Leaving the door open for yet another sequel, eh, Ragnar? Maybe that one will also take you almost a decade to make…

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

The article specifically states Zoe will be a non-playable character.

So…April and two others?

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

TerminusEst - 15 December 2012 08:25 PM

So Zoë and two others then Laughing I didn’t see that in the article by the way. Where does it say two of the characters will be new?

It says in the first paragraph:

Dreamfall Chapters, the long awaited sequel to the 2006 adventure game Dreamfall, will feature three playable characters whose stories will intertwine throughout the game, including two female protagonists who are yet to be revealed, Red Thread Studios founder Ragnar Tornquist told Polygon in a recent interview.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top