• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Good news: Ragnar is making Dreamfall Chapters

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Still need to play Dreamfall, but I love TLJ so I know I should enjoy Dreamfall, too.

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

Big interview at Rock, Paper, Shotgun:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/01/keep-the-faith-tornquist-talks-dreamfall-chapters/

There will be a Kickstarter, so start saving.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Woot!!!

Finally. It had to be coming with all the other big adventure franchises getting rebooted on Kickstarter.

Can’t wait and I hope it’s 3D like Dreamfall.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

3D or not i want closure, was not expecting but i guess Funcom has got some legs
left to greenlight it.
I guess they will follow success of TTG episode model and will release episodes
on monthly basis.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Kolorabi - 01 November 2012 01:51 PM

Big interview at Rock, Paper, Shotgun:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/01/keep-the-faith-tornquist-talks-dreamfall-chapters/

There will be a Kickstarter, so start saving.

Sounds like it’ll be much later in development. Time to get a nice jar and put away some change each day.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Yes Yes Yes, finally. This is such good news. Dreamfall is one of my favorite games and you can tell by my username that I love The Longest Journey. So I am looking forward to back this! I have been choosing the minimum kickstarter options thus far but I might be tempted to go for the box option on this one (assuming there is one).

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

This is a great news. One of the best games ever, TLJ, and one that I replay once a year just to see again the wonderful worlds and story created by Ragnar. Thousands of thumbs up!!!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Wow, best news of the week for me! Thumbs Up

And the best excuse to replay TLJ and Dreamfall at some point… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

This is the best news of the year, for me (besides new Red Dwarf). I never thought it would happen, and I’m so glad we will finally find out what happened. As long as the story and characters are up to par as the last two games, I’ll be happy. Grin

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2005-05-28

PM

Dag - 01 November 2012 09:13 AM

Wow, that concept image looks beautiful! I only hope that they don’t plan on ruining that brilliant artwork by turning it into unaesthethic tasteless 3D. Bring back the glorious 2D I say, 3D never translated well into point and click adventures.

that is an unused old concept image for the previous games, I dont remember which exactly.

lewuz - 01 November 2012 09:42 AM

I can. Graphically it didn’t impress. But as I’ve said before - regarding adventures, graphics are not the most important thing for me. Story and gameplay mean more.

I thought the artistic direction was stunning. and the story of Dreamfall blew all the other shitty games that were nominated for best story category in 2006.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

That’s the best news of the year for me :-) Time to really save for their kickstarter campaign!

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Of all the adventure game Kickstarters so far, this is probably the most exciting one for me, along with Broken Sword. I’m going to have to replay TLJ and Dreamfall in order to calculate just how much money I want to give them. As much as I can afford, would be my initial estimate.

I thought Dreamfall was (and is still, in a lot of areas) a gorgeous game. Going back to the areas from the first game in 3D was something special.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

charmed23 - 01 November 2012 10:16 PM
Dag - 01 November 2012 09:13 AM

Wow, that concept image looks beautiful! I only hope that they don’t plan on ruining that brilliant artwork by turning it into unaesthethic tasteless 3D. Bring back the glorious 2D I say, 3D never translated well into point and click adventures.

that is an unused old concept image for the previous games, I dont remember which exactly.

I’m not saying I don’t believe you, but in the link the author of the thread provided, it states that it’s a concept image for the upcoming chapters.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2005-05-28

PM

Dag - 02 November 2012 01:09 AM

I’m not saying I don’t believe you, but in the link the author of the thread provided, it states that it’s a concept image for the upcoming chapters.

http://forums.longestjourney.com/showthread.php?p=105646
Anyhow I love all the conceptual art of Dreamfall. They make stunning wallpapers

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

Oh, wow! All kinds of unexpected, but definitely welcomed news. It’s been a long time coming, that’s for sure!

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top