• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Good news: Ragnar is making Dreamfall Chapters

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

He’s started a new developer to do it. Funcom will publish. Yay!

“The story begins where Dreamfall ended, and will finally provide answers for many of the questions gamers have asked for the past six years” (my translation, not theirs)

More info: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://www.gamer.no/artikler/125634/ragnar-tornquist-jobber-na-med-mer-drommefall/&act=url

Update: Now there is a press-release:
http://www.funcom.com/news/pre_production_begins_on_new_game_in_the_longest_journey_saga

“I’m very excited to finally have the opportunity to continue the ‘The Longest Journey’ saga,” says Ragnar Tørnquist. “Ever since we ended ‘Dreamfall’ on a nail-biting cliffhanger, players have been rightfully demanding a sequel, and my deal with Funcom will finally make that possible. I’m extremely grateful to Funcom for this unique and exciting opportunity, and I can’t wait to dive back into the universe I helped create more than a decade ago, and continue the story players have been waiting for these past six years.”

Red Thread Games will release more details about ‘Dreamfall Chapters’ in the coming months.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Wow, that concept image looks beautiful! I only hope that they don’t plan on ruining that brilliant artwork by turning it into unaesthethic tasteless 3D. Bring back the glorious 2D I say, 3D never translated well into point and click adventures.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

He had to make a another studio to pursue his Dreamfall wish? Respect for such brave step! I’m waiting eagerly what Ragnar Tørnquist and Red Thread Games will bring us. Smile

dag, I agree.

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

This is fantastic news! Now we just have to hope it will eventually get released.

And who can honestly say Dreamfall didn’t look beautiful? I suppose the facial expressions weren’t that great but that will obviously be much improved this time.

I wonder what the gameplay will be like. I’d be delighted to hear that Chapters will have more traditional adventure gameplay. But truth be told, I’m just glad they’re working on it. I’d probably play it even if it were a traditional RPG this time. Sick

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Great news!! I can see from the image that it looks just as beautiful as its processors. I also would like to plead (like dag and lewuz) for a more traditional point&click; with reasonable difficulty riddles and in 2d like TLJ, not a 3d with almost nonexistant riddles like Dreamfall…

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

harald - 01 November 2012 09:24 AM

who can honestly say Dreamfall didn’t look beautiful?

I can. Graphically it didn’t impress. But as I’ve said before - regarding adventures, graphics are not the most important thing for me. Story and gameplay mean more.

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

What a year this has been. All those Kickstarters, and now this. Wow.

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Kolorabi - 01 November 2012 09:46 AM

What a year this has been. All those Kickstarters, and now this. Wow.

I was think same about Daedalic while reading their press release that Chaos on Deponia ENG is out very soon. 4 big games (some are just ENG localizations, but still) releases in one year is in my eyes remarkable!

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

WONDERFUL! I loved Dreamfall.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

It’s weird how adventures - not only via Kickstarter - seems to be on the rise. Several Daedalic titles now also get reviewed on big gaming sites and such, and the reviews are even favorable often!

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

YES!!! \o/

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2003-10-02

PM

harald - 01 November 2012 09:24 AM

I’d probably play it even if it were a traditional RPG this time. Sick

Me too!  I’ve been playing The Secret World and I keep waiting for someone to say “Blessed be the balance.”  So excited about this news!

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

A few tweets from the man himself:

Yep, it’s finally official. The sequel to #Dreamfall is on its way from my new development studio Red Thread Games. More information soon!

We’ve also received 1M NOK ($175,000) from the Norwegian Film Institute to help fund the first stages of preproduction. Yay!

And no, #Dreamfall Chapters won’t be an online game. It’s going to be a single-player PC/Mac adventure game through and through.

Since I’m currently in the process of escaping New York (much like Snake Plissken) I won’t be able to answer all your tweets. But thank you!

https://twitter.com/RagnarTornquist

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Good news indeed! Smile

Interestingly, The Norwegian Film Institute has revealed the budget, because they’ve granted the game a subsidy of 1 million Norwegian kroner ($175.207). The total budget is 5.823.472 Norwegean kroner ($1.020.313).

So it’s probably a point and click game. I doubt they’re going full 3D with that budget.

Source:
http://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://www.nfi.no/bransje/tildelinger/tildelinger2012/interaktive_produksjoner/drømmefall-kapitler&act=url

EDIT: Kolorabi the Ninja!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Finally!

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Great news! I was worried we’d never see how the story unfolds. I can’t wait for more info on this! I’m no big fan of the Episodic model though (if that’s what they’re still planning) but I’ll take what I can get.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top