• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jatsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

4 promising adventure games on kickstarter

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

Hey fellow adventurers

I found 4 promising adventure games on Kickstarter that really could use your help right now (links in description). Which one is your favorite?

Cheers!

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

0:10 : “Feral Can Den presents” - you got me at “Feral Cat Den” Smile. More seriously, the first game, Genesis Noir, looks like something I could be interested in - stylized graphics with actual flair, conveying an oniric atmosphere to what appears to be, as the site puts it, “abstract storytelling”. Right up my alley. I’m definitely supporting this one, thanks for brining it to my attention!

The other games look good, but number 2 and 4 are not my type (neither story nor gameplay), and I’m not sure I understood what the third one was about (although it looks like it could be a sweet little piece). Good luck to all of them!

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Genesis Noir. I really like the style and the mood.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Gamewalker - 08 February 2018 06:31 AM

Hey fellow adventurers

I found 4 promising adventure games on Kickstarter that really could use your help right now (links in description).

It’s pointless to put links in description, if you use embedded video, which doesn’t even show the link to your video, even less links in any description. (And yes, I know how to find them.)

Why not put those links directly here, if the goal is to get more visibility to these projects?

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

I was wondering when the first grumpy reply would come Laughing Hi there, thanks for your valuable feedback. The sentence ‘links in description’ is just in case if you want to check out the Kickstarter pages, then you know where to find them. But I try to keep it light :-) you know..videos is what I do. But thanks anyway!  Heart

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I think out of the four games Perfect Tides is the one that most appeals. Yes, the artwork of Genesis Noir does looks interesting as does actually that of Wake Up but which comes across as a platformer - nothing wrong with that but not for me (& I have played a few in the past) I wasn’t crazy about the look of the last game but To the Moon I thought was excellent & it doesn’t look too far removed from the same style but it depends on how engaging the story turns out to be!  Smile

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

GateKeeper - 09 February 2018 05:30 AM

Hey fellow adventurers

I found 4 promising adventure games on Kickstarter that really could use your help right now (links in description).

It’s pointless to put links in description, if you use embedded video, which doesn’t even show the link to your video, even less links in any description. (And yes, I know how to find them.)

Why not put those links directly here, if the goal is to get more visibility to these projects?

Btw, having a summary video of various projects makes me more intrigued than just posting some kickstarter links. If I’m interested I do know where to find them. So, thanks for making those. There were several games featured in your videos that caught my eye.

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

badlemon - 09 February 2018 10:54 AM
GateKeeper - 09 February 2018 05:30 AM

Hey fellow adventurers

Btw, having a summary video of various projects makes me more intrigued than just posting some kickstarter links. If I’m interested I do know where to find them. So, thanks for making those. There were several games featured in your videos that caught my eye.

Hi Badlemon, really appreciate it and glad you like the video Smile

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

badlemon - 09 February 2018 10:54 AM

Btw, having a summary video of various projects makes me more intrigued than just posting some kickstarter links.

I find it very odd and hard to believe that a third party video could possibly offer more information about the project than the Kickstarter page itself. In the end, if you plan to support a project, you need to go to that Kickstarter page anyway, so why not start from there?

Of course, if there really is some original contribution involved, as in original interviews or something, then it might be a different case. Then again, the last Kickstarter game where I remember any third party video interviews having been done was Leisure Suit Larry remake, so I don’t think it’s very common.

Personally I find links which are not directly posted shady, and often don’t pay any attention them. Also, I often watch YouTube videos by downloading them with 4K Video Downloader, so embedded videos really turn me off.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top