• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Asylum

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2011-10-09

PM

jhetfield21 - 14 August 2012 08:33 PM
JanaBanana - 14 August 2012 12:38 PM

My boyfriend just finished the teaser, and looks like I’m not going to play this game…alone Smile

happy gaming you two….....that is if you can play the game….MUHARHARHARHARHArHarhar
Naughty

Well, I can play but I’m going to suffer later in my dreams Smile For example I was ok with scratches…. till the end of game hehehehe. It’s goddamn silent as scratches, that’s for sure and that is the worst thing.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i think it’s a bit more than scratches.for some reason it tests the limits of your insecurity by getting you in the middle of open and big areas where you don’t know who or what is gonna come at you.it gets worse when you have to go into narrow and small places ie the showers where you do get a bit of a spider sense wake up it’s time to get the f*** out call Tongue.i’m looking forward to see what other things they’ve done.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2011-10-09

PM

Hope I’ll get more courage till end of 2013.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

Agustin/Senscape, the game looks and plays fantastic. Well, actually my one issue with the teaser was sorting out camera control. I switched between Fixed and Drag, and definitely like the feel of Fixed right now. However, I’m not a fan of the slight delay and slow acceleration issues. I would love to be able to hold the LMB and control the camera indefinitely, if you know what I mean. You may not even see this, but just in case, hopefully there will be some more tweaking available. I am completely satisfied with just how amazing the game looks and sounds though. Really looking forward to the game.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I agree that the camera movement was slow to accelerate. It didn’t feel too responsive and added delay to “playing” the game. But I would imagine that’s something Senscape can fix pretty easily.

Total Posts: 93

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The movement speeds definitely need some tweaking, even on the fastest setting it feels too slow and cumbersome to make exploration that much fun to do. Having it too fast and loose might take away from the dread of not knowing what you might see as you slowly turn around but I’m sure they can find a spot in the middle where they can have tension without making it feel like your neck is made of molasses.

Other than the camera speed though, I loved the demo and am now even more disappointed that I’m going to have to wait until 2013 to play the full game. I was nervous just playing this 5 minute chunk so I’ll probably go catatonic when they have hours to build up the tension.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2003-09-15

PM

Who ever said “no inventory items” needs to stay far far away from my adventure games. Inventory puzzles are still my favorite kinds of adventure gaming puzzles out there.

Great teaser, but escape did not get me out of the game. I had to use task manager.

Edit: and just like many others here, i too think camera movement is too slow

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2010-09-15

PM

Agustín Cordes - 05 June 2012 01:01 PM

We’re toying with the idea of checkpoints/bookmarks, but a typical menu screen with save slots, no. That’s sooo 80’s Tongue

Nah, that’s sooo 90’s, when the idea was people should be in control of their games. You’re totally following the trend. How about some Quicktime events and timed button-pushing puzzles? Don’t forget to add the bings at the checkpoints. Wink

On the practical point, without any manual save system, you’re inviting the wrath of players who encounter major bugs. Having to start over from scratch isn’t everyone’s cup of buttertea.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Agustin, are you passed out drunk right now?

Wink

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Not yet, still replying to awesome good wishes and messages. I also have a golden rule: to never drink alcohol during working days before 7pm.

So ask me again in about one hour…

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Congrats on the greenlight.

Now when’s it coming out Smile

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

It’s eh, coming on… errmmm… hhhmmm… aaahmmm… sdfjwegnahjkekewr…

LOOK BEHIND YOU!! A THREE-HEADED MONKEY!!

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Ahem…

In all seriousness, it’s going to be like this: we’re going to do a Kickstarter (surprise!). Fairly modest for a game like Asylum with really fun rewards. Many, many folks have stated that they want to become “part” of the Hanwell Institute. Well, this is going to be their chance. At the same time, the campaign will act as a pre-order of sorts. You’ll have the opportunity to get the game for an obscenely low price. So low in fact, it’s going to be disgusting…

If all goes well and we manage to secure these funds, it will be ready later this year.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Agustín Cordes - 15 January 2013 05:25 PM

we’re going to do a Kickstarter (surprise!).

Cool! Any rough idea of when the campaign will launch? We need to send the AG minions all over the web to spread news.

Dreamfall Chapters should be launching in a couple weeks. Not sure when Syberia III (your favorite, Agustin!) is going to do their campaign, though. But I imagine you know a hell of a lot more than I do about when the best time is to do the kickstarter. Looking forward to it!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

inm8#2 - 15 January 2013 06:18 PM

Syberia III (your favorite, Agustin!)

LOL!

Congrats on the Greenlight, Agustin!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top