• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Erasure of Women

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Vegetable Party - 18 July 2022 05:54 AM

Don’t be transphobic. That’s all.

This is what you totally don’t understand. So far there’s been absolutely nothing trans-phobic written here whatsoever. People are expressing a different opinion about things to you and that is all.
There’s been no hatred shown to trans people, no ridicule, nothing whatsoever to make trans people feel inferior in any shape or form - that is apart from how you choose to interpret to fit in with you’re “I’m right, you’re wrong” view of the subject. And I stress, yours is a point of view nothing more, nothing less. A perfectly valid point of view unless you go around threatening people who disagree with you.

Edited to add:

Stop telling people they don’t understand. That’s incredibly arrogant and bigoted of you. I’ve already added that I personally have known/do know two trans people. One I found a little difficult to get on with but she’d been fighting her corner against discrimination and bigotry for some time (long before your 11 year old self) so I always gave her plenty of room. The other is a lovely person and one I really like.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’ll refrain fron telling people things. Thanks for telling me that.

You win. I’m done.  Knock yourselves out.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Vegetable Party - 18 July 2022 06:18 AM

I’ll refrain fron telling people things. Thanks for telling me that.

You see, you’re still doing the “I’m right” attitude.

Try discussing things instead. People might come round to your way of thinking or, perish the thought, you might come round to their way of thinking. Accusing people of being trans-phobic because they don’t take your militant line does you no favours at all.

This is nothing about winning or losing - or running away. Enter the conversation and talk to the others. Cut the belligerence and be open-minded to others. Put your point of view. Dissect other points of view without the I’m right bit. Give reasons but allow others to express their reasons without threatening them.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

seething wolf - 18 July 2022 07:07 AM
Vegetable Party - 18 July 2022 06:18 AM

Screw that @Jabod—I’M TAKING THIS!

If you mean what I think you mean then I completely disagree. I hope VP can come back and put his point of view in a more sociable way. It’s a valid view, if a too fixed one in my opinion, but is worthwhile being expressed.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

SoccerDude - 18 July 2022 03:21 AM

More attacks on women. Lia Thomas was nominated by U Penn as NCAA woman of the year. What is her achievement: using her masculine physique to demolish women in the NCAA as part of “equality”? Lia was ranked 554th in the 200 freestyle when she competed as a male.

You know that Lia Thomas can no longer compete in the women’s section thanks to the recent FINA trans swimming ban?  Smile The nomination might be a consolation prize. Or U Penn hates losing a winner.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I understand Karlok’s point of view here because I’m the same age and have pushed for women’s rights most of my adult life (and still am, here in the US).  However, this is a sensitive issue that is going to take time to work out, through trial and error, because people who have been repressed for so long want their fair place in society.  I understand that, too.  Whatever comes of all this upheaval is not clear yet, and no amount of discussion here at AG is going to change that.  Please tread more carefully around these issues if you decide to continue this discussion. 

As a side note, there are also two new-comers here who keep railing against the Western point of view in so many of the posts they’ve made here in the forums.  I will remind them that this is an adventure game site, not their political venue. 

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Yep. There is no general western pov. It’s a discussion from the ivory tower normal people don’t care about, because they have real world stuff to deal with. What you hear yelling, are the rich of the west.

@Lady Kestrel
I criticized the western culture, as others, where it’s context relevant. Today almost everything is politically exploited. If f.e. shorts win prices for being pc instead of being good shorts in the first place then something is going wrong. Feel free to object if you have another opinion or even an argument. I also feel fine when I compare our posts context relevant regarding adventures.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Deleted as now irrelevant.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’ve stumbled across this doc What Is a Woman?? while surfing imdb quite a few times recently. Seems to be a relatable study of this topic, at least the feedback is very positive.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Doom - 18 July 2022 08:38 PM

I’ve stumbled across this doc What Is a Woman?? while surfing imdb quite a few times recently. Seems to be a relatable study of this topic, at least the feedback is very positive.

I haven’t watched this one, but it is by Matt Walsh who is a conservative working for the dailywire. So just keep in mind it is a conservative perspective if you watch it.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Karlok - 18 July 2022 10:37 AM

More attacks on women. Lia Thomas was nominated by U Penn as NCAA woman of the year. What is her achievement: using her masculine physique to demolish women in the NCAA as part of “equality”? Lia was ranked 554th in the 200 freestyle when she competed as a male.

You know that Lia Thomas can no longer compete in the women’s section thanks to the recent FINA trans swimming ban?  Smile The nomination might be a consolation prize. Or U Penn hates losing a winner.

I didn’t know that. I do think it’s the right thing to do for women sports fairness sake Thumbs Up, but then it begs the question as to why someone who really had a competitive edge is nominated for the prize? Feels like a political stunt to me, and deprives women who worked really hard to compete from getting any recognition for it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

here is my one cent (can’t afford two)

people are entitled to do what makes them feel better about themselves, and others should not hate what they do not understand nor they oughta fight their fight either.
if it’s good for them, then that is good, if it oughta harm them, they will learn from it; life isn’t about one decision it is a day-by-day struggle, even an hour by hour..

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Doom - 18 July 2022 08:38 PM

I watched the docu and liked it. BIG BUT: He travels all the way to the Masaai to ask his question: What is a woman? The Masaai where female genital mutilation is still practised…  Thumbs Up

Matt Walsh is more than a little conservative: Feminism is rotten at the core. Each “wave” led inexorably to the next. There is no good feminism. It’s one of the worst things to ever happen to western civilization.

No comment.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

SoccerDude - 18 July 2022 10:47 PM
Karlok - 18 July 2022 10:37 AM

I didn’t know that. I do think it’s the right thing to do for women sports fairness sake Thumbs Up,

The International Rugby Federation followed suit and also banned trans athletes from women’s rugby for reasons of fairness and safety.

but then it begs the question as to why someone who really had a competitive edge is nominated for the prize? Feels like a political stunt to me, and deprives women who worked really hard to compete from getting any recognition for it.

Yes.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top