• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Erasure of Women

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You think you’ve heard it all and then you come across this:

A person with a capacity for pregnancy.

Until the day I die I will fight for the right of women to call themselves women.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

seething wolf - 13 July 2022 10:05 AM
Karlok - 12 July 2022 08:50 PM

Until the day I die I will fight for the right of women to call themselves women.

Why, though? Let them fight their own battles—trans v. turfs. Do you see any feminist, equality, etc. groups even addressing the outlandish double standards out there like exclusively forbidding men, ages 18-60, from leaving Ukraine? I’m sure they can deal with such a nonissue.

I am a 74-year old woman. A second-wave feminist who fought in the ‘70s and ‘80s for the facilities for women that are now being demolished.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

No hard feelings, you’re very funny, but I’m going to put you in my killfile anyway.

PLOINK!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

More attacks on women. Lia Thomas was nominated by U Penn as NCAA woman of the year. What is her achievement: using her masculine physique to demolish women in the NCAA as part of “equality”? Lia was ranked 554th in the 200 freestyle when she competed as a male.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

This isn’t a forum for casual transphobia.

Attacks on women aren’t coming from the direction you focus on and if you’d really be concerned about issues that affect women, cis and trans, you’d probably be discussing something else.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Vegetable Party - 18 July 2022 03:31 AM

This isn’t a forum for casual transphobia.

Attacks on women aren’t coming from the direction you focus on and if you’d really be concerned about issues that affect women, cis and trans, you’d probably be discussing something else.

JK Rowling, Adele,  and Macy Gray are a few of the women who disagree. And go censor people on Twitter or Youtube with your cheap “transphobic” label that is tossed around to silence any opposing point of view.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Neither twitter nor a random bunch of names that may or may not agree with your prejudice mean something here.

You can read the forum guidelines. Maybe google the term transphobia. That’s up to you.

If you want to continue to engage in some online combat against a minority group you barely understand, do it on one of the many toxic pools of misplaced frustration available to you on the internet. It’s not welcome here.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Vegetable Party - 18 July 2022 03:59 AM

Neither twitter nor a random bunch of names that may or may not agree with your prejudice mean something here.

You can read the forum guidelines. Maybe google the term transphobia. That’s up to you.

If you want to continue to engage in some online combat against a minority group you barely understand, do it on one of the many toxic pools of misplaced frustration available to you on the internet. It’s not welcome here.

Those bunch of random names are WOMEN that were attacked by trans activists because they dared question the narrative. The kind that you are trying to erase. Go search them, but please don’t use Google because it is evil. And since you seem to like labeling people you don’t know or agree with, I would say calling me a slur is breaking forum guidelines.

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

@Vegetable Party
Why is a minority more important than a majority? Even more when a less than tiny group tries to force its rather unreasonable ideas on a majority. Why do such people support oppression and fascism? Are such people part of such minorities, only interested in their own advantages, no matter what? Are they part of those misusing such minorities for their own goals? There exists quite some stupidity and degeneration, based on wealth, which is being destroyed right now. Such things come in handy, if you want to distract from the real problems we’re facing, to install a new religion, to divide societies and rule by divide et impera. Ask people in the Ukraine, how much they care about this. Ask people who have no job, no place to live, nothing to eat.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

According to what you’re written, it’s funny to hear this from you.

I would have favored valid arguments and a sense for reality though.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’ve been arguing social justice since I was about 11. I tend not to seek out these discussions, but people with underinformed opinions tend to think very highly of their right to be heard and very little else.

You know how to read- if you wanted arguments or a better understanding, you would’ve sought this out. If you had an actual interest in this topic, you would have done so already. If not: you probably only want a safe space for ignorant underbelly-styled self expression with no consequence. Up to you.

I’m here to point out transphobia goes against forum rules.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Vegetable Party - 18 July 2022 05:27 AM

I’ve been arguing social justice since I was about 11. I tend not to seek out these discussions, but people with underinformed opinions tend to think very highly of their right to be heard and very little else.

Sorry VP but you’re guilty of what you’re complaining about. Basically it’s “I’m right, you’re wrong” and allowing no discussion whatsoever as if you wish to win over your point of view by silencing everyone else’s. That’s a dictatorship and to add to it by claiming any opposing view to your own is “trans-phobic” well, I thought far better of you and your intellect.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

@Vegetable Party
The age at which you started caring about something, says nothing about the truth of what you’re thinking and talking about. From what I’ve read, it seems, that you’re trying to shut down a still civilized discussion which seems to be against your ideology. O.a. you try to do this by presuming that others are less informed than you, which sounds ignorant and arrogant, as it isn’t based on any knowledge. You have no idea whom you’re dealing with. ‘Grow up’ ... sounds like I hit a nerve and reminds me more of cancel culture than a discussion with valid arguments.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

If you understood the topic at hand, you would not think along those lines.

I don’t care if people have opinions I don’t agree with. It happens all the time.

I’m pointing out a simple rule. Be belligerent about it (that’s something I really don’t care to challenge) and explain how I should communicate with people who are only interested in expressing themselves, unchallenged by knowledge or empathy, perpetually on their hind legs, shouting about others. That’s fine. Call me whatever you like. I’m not stopping you in any way.

Don’t be transphobic. That’s all.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top