• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

where do you stand with this vaccination process?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i need to understand the other view, i believe we are being tagged like dogs!

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I hope not. I get the feeling, but I think the societal (health) benefits are objective and significant. There’s a lot of uncertainty and I think there are big problems with pandemic management.

I got vaccinated pretty early because I’m a health care worker. I had pretty minor hesitation when I tried to figure out the research results and long term health effects of the different vaccines, but not about the relevance of vaccination itself.

In my country, people/media and government PR seem to focus on restrictions at the moment. Vaccinations are presented in this light, the general message is: more vaccinations = more freedom. Rather than.. less people falling ill.

In general, I fear there’s a tendency for governments to bypass or “adjust” rule of law to accomplish certain goals, from their perspective, more efficiently. When this happens during a pandemic, people are extra on edge, especially when they already distrust their government.

On the other side, people’s stances on measures are largely managed by restrictions. This means a lot of people can be convinced to disregard procedures that are legally dubious, COVID-related or not, through lifting/shifting around restrictions.

I think that all of this adds to people’s sense of being duped, or at least.. manipulated. In the background, several forces are pushing conspiratorial ideas to further their own dubious political agendas, which is very concerning.

Whatever goes wrong is already tied into systems of government. There is no takeover by unseen forces. A lot the stuff that goes wrong is just stuff that was already dysfunctional under the hood of power, in our infrastructures and economies. Different issues in different countries, but nothing new.

Sorry for the long reply. I guess what I’m trying to say is: you feel what you feel, that’s legit. You probably have your reasons. It’s cool that you seek out ideas and opinions different from yours. I hope you stay healthy, however you organize this for yourself and the people around you.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i can understand being obligated to do so because of your job, luckily (or not) i am a freelancer and conspiracy theorist part-time, so you can see where I am coming from, anyway, i just hope this worldy trial goes well, and ppl who have gotten vaccinated won’t catch the disease, and above all the next wave of vaccination isn’t bc they fucked up.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Things get very polarized and it’s important to find common ground. There’s a lot of anger, skepticism and worry and I don’t think it’s right to just call that crazy.

I’m lucky to live in a country that still mostly resembles a democracy and has independent courts of law.

I’m right here hoping the same as you and I hope you’ll stay safe!

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sorry, I decided to delete my post.  Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i really loved what you said before, but its up to you, tho i can tell at least about myself; when i can contribute to the site one way or the other, i actually am in a fine/safe mnetal state, sometimes i can’t say where i stand mentally-wise, with all the pressures and disappointment in my life, so i make sure that i still can play adventure games or post here, if i found out i am too way off to concentrate and can not be patient enough, i know that i am at the rock bottom ..

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie, I made the decision in hindsight to withdraw my post as it’s too much of a hot subject but please see my PM.  Smile

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I was vaccinated pretty early. Ever since, I have never ridden my bike faster, my cell phone service has never been better, food tastes better and I need less of it to stay energized (I have become something of a human perpetual motion machine), sleep is optional -I do it for fun, but I function perfectly without it, I can beat the entire Myst series in under an hour without a walk through, I never regret my order at a restaurant when I see the waiter walk by with the order for another table, my decision making has been almost perfect—if I decide to do something indoors, it rains, and if I decide to play outside, it will be sunny—, the library waived all my late fees, I can suddenly play the xylophone like Neil Peart would have if he had played the xylophone,  my landlord refunded me 246.86 for an overpay on public space maintenance, the lady at the health food store has started giving me free granola every day (I have an addiction), when I go to the store the product I am looking for is *always* in stock and very often on sale, the local deer population will now eat out of my hand, there’s always a parking space, still haven’t run out of toothpaste or deodorant, can sing better than ever, and even though I’ve taken to only showering once every four days, no one seems to be able to tell the difference. Also, I no longer require a night light; I see in the dark just fine. It might be my eyes have improved or it might be the faint glow my body is emitting (this despite showering only rarely).
Oh, and the other day I set a personal lifetime record in single-nib Lego block stacking.

So far no regrets, then.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

are you sure you were vaccinated? maybe you have been abducted by aliens and you didn’t know it

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I think the Baron might’ve been vaccinated by Dr. Fred.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

If we lived in the Maniac Mansion sitcom world, you could both be correct.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

so you were not joking then, hmm, so did you get your mobile vaccinated as well, how? and did you get your lotto ticket?

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Advie - 10 August 2021 10:33 AM

so you were not joking then, hmm, so did you get your mobile vaccinated as well, how? and did you get your lotto ticket?

Since getting the vaccination, I’ve seen the light and gone cold turkey on my compulsive gambling habit.
Instead of recharging my mobile battery by plugging it into the wall, I now inject it with the Moderna vaccination.
I also fill my gas tank with Pfizer (because it’s 12 cents cheaper per gallon than Moderna).

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

That’s a surprise.

Bioluminescence and granola addiction are telltale signs of speedballing Janssen and AstraZeneca.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

but why is it called vaccination when people who are isn’t immuned

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

That’s why it isn’t called immunization.

I haven’t been vaccinated. I don’t mind if you choose to be, but i’d prefer to have a choice. And the government is always going on about job creation, it makes no sense to me that they are now locking down the economy when they could be implementing extensive testing systems. Don’t want the jab? Get tested every morning on your way to work.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top