• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

skeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded alpha footage on Youtube

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Nice, very nice! This might turn into something good after all. (Yes, I’m still having certain doubts after the somewhat disturbing incidents that happened in the past)

Anyway, I’m optimistic now!

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Looks pretty awesome. If the do remakes of LSL2 and LSL3, it would be cool to see more “adult/realistic” graphics, instead of the cartoony one. 2 and 3 are the best Larry games according to me.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I love it. The visuals are wonderful. But the voice-over kept trying to reference what came before, not what was new.

Now we know that the LSL1 remake was forced. If you want to have access to the other Sierra PI, you’ve got to do this first.

But, as good as this remake might be, all that runs through my mind is movie remakes. Think of The Thing 1951 with James Arness as the giant carrot. Move forward to 1982 and you get Carpenter’s remake. And yet another in 2011.

Did the availability of new technology really improve on the original concept?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Wait, wait, wait. So you’re saying John Carpenter’s The Thing isn’t good? You’re crazy.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Erwin_Br - 16 February 2013 05:32 PM

(Yes, I’m still having certain doubts after the somewhat disturbing incidents that happened in the past)

You mean like this?

Anyway. I’m not gonna deny that the game looks good. But it doesn’t really seem to offer much that I didn’t already experience on the previous two versions of Larry 1… Maybe it will bring more people into the adventure genre, I don’t know.

Image Attachments

lolpt.PNG

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 17 February 2013 12:59 AM

Wait, wait, wait. So you’re saying John Carpenter’s The Thing isn’t good? You’re crazy.

Yea not to go OT, but Carpenter’s The Thing is arguably the greatest film remake (or reimagining) ever made. Remakes can be good when they keep the original ideas of the previous work intact but add other elements to the story/characters.

Also, LOL @ Toefur’s image. Paul Trowe strikes again!

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Toefur - 17 February 2013 01:10 AM

(Yes, I’m still having certain doubts after the somewhat disturbing incidents that happened in the past)

You mean like this?

Ugh. I didn’t even see that one yet. Some people never learn.

The team should lock him up in the basement until the game’s out, because he continues to do more harm than good.

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

You mean like this?

Oh good, Paul Trowe is being a jackass again, now I can feel justified in pedantically mocking the fact that he doesn’t know the difference between “wet” and “whet.” You whet an appetite; someone should really proofread his Kickstarter updates for him.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Erwin_Br - 17 February 2013 09:23 AM

The team should lock him up in the basement until the game’s out, because he continues to do more harm than good.

Grin I don’t know, he does appear to be sleazy, but I guess I can’t hate him that much after himself admitting that he’s “nobody compared to the designers, just a person who put the band back together”. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

noticed the that Pills Bottle Puzzle on the window had certainly changed as AL Said; the Window now is on the 1st Floor and there is a fence that wasn’t there at the previouses LSL1.
AL also said that the Password “Ken Sent ME” puzzle will change too .

EXCITED !

i am staring to really believe what AL said ““But our whole goal was to break every walkthrough that’s on the Internet”

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2013-02-11

PM

I gotta be honest here, I don’t really like the animation, it seems so robot-like

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Anyway. I’m not gonna deny that the game looks good. But it doesn’t really seem to offer much that I didn’t already experience on the previous two versions of Larry 1… Maybe it will bring more people into the adventure genre, I don’t know.

It’s for sure a more liberal remake than the first. There were some iffy puzzles in that game, and it’s good to see some of that maybe smoothed out, in addition to the audiovisual makeover.

A new game would have been a lot more exciting. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. But this is still shaping up better than I thought it would when I backed.

I think a big part of the issue with making a new game is actually Al. He’s retired, and I think he’s willing to put in the effort to consult on a remake, but the actual heavy lifting of writing a new game is more than he feels like doing at this point in his life. Replay seems pretty intent on remaking the whole series before they think about a new game.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-16

PM

Wow, this really kicks in a sense of nostalgia- I’m glad they seemed to have kept a lot of the original content in, right down to the naugahyde doors! Wink I’m also happy to hear that they are changing a bunch of things in the game to keep the adventure fresh, but at this point it’s been a long enough time that I’ve probably forgotten 90% of the puzzles..

I just started playing Cognition, but I might have to shelve it for a little while and fire up Larry 3 (my fav!) on my 386-SX for a trip down memory lane. I remember in that one, the amount of game censorship (1 to 5) depended on how many age-verification questions you answered correctly at the start of the game.  Time to brush up on my Spiro Agnew trivia! Meh

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

stika - 17 February 2013 09:56 AM

I gotta be honest here, I don’t really like the animation, it seems so robot-like

Well it kind of is an alpha, also by comparison it looks like the same quality of animation for practically every modern adventure game that stuck with 2D.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Monolith - 17 February 2013 03:53 PM
stika - 17 February 2013 09:56 AM

Well it kind of is an alpha, also by comparison it looks like the same quality of animation for practically every modern adventure game that stuck with 2D.

While the timing and movement speed might get tweaked, the animations in place are likely pretty final, alpha or no.

Although I personally think it looks pretty good. I may have had a lower standard based on the AM prototype, though. I was never really expecting something with top-notch art direction so the fact that it looks “pretty good” is a pleasant surprise.

Honestly, almost every project I backed has impressed me in that way. The benefits of low expectations.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top