• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieNelzazobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Best Adventures of 2013: PC-GAMER exposes their excitement about the 365 days to come

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

They guy/guys who wrote those descriptions are doing a GODAWFUL job of hiding their disdain for the existence of those kickstarter adventure games.

Also seem unaware of the fact that Hero-U is NOT a point-and-click adventure; or that The Raven was made by the same studio that gave us the excellent Book of Unwritten Tales (or if they do, don’t seem to see it fit to mention it). 

Still…that’s what adventuregamers is for I guess. Wink

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

A.A - 04 January 2013 06:44 AM

Absolutely!!  keeping in mind that PC-GAMER never was (specialized in) or should i say (Civilized with) Grin covering Adventure Games Genre ,if they are not taking the Adventure Genre as their last interest.!!  Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I find very interesting the fact that no Daedelic games (Deponia 3, The Rabbit’s apprentice) were present…

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I hadn’t noticed, but now that you mention it. Not good. On the other hand, I’m glad Barrow Hill was conspicious by its absence.

EDIT: Silly Fien meant Bracken Tor, thanks!

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

Fien - 04 January 2013 09:49 AM

I hadn’t noticed, but now that you mention it. Not good. On the other hand, I’m glad Barrow Hill was conspicious by its absence.

Presumably you mean Bracken Tor?
Wychwood Hollow was in the list though, and that’s also by Shadow Tor Studios…

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Blah - 04 January 2013 10:34 AM

Wychwood Hollow was in the list though, and that’s also by Shadow Tor Studios…

Yeah, I know, but we can safely assume that one will not be finished in 2013 either.

I hated seeing unfunny Matt Clark in the X-mas video, with his usual blah “coming soon”.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Advie - 04 January 2013 07:01 AM
A.A - 04 January 2013 06:44 AM

Absolutely!!  keeping in mind that PC-GAMER never was (specialized in) or should i say (Civilized with) Grin covering Adventure Games Genre ,if they are not Adventure Genre as their last interest.!!  Shifty Eyed

Actually, their EIC Logan Decker is a huge fan of adventure games and PC Gamer covers them regularly.

Anyway, that’s a nice long list of games to look forward to!

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

A lot of the mentioned don’t really seem like adventure games at all.

From this list I’m personally looking forward mostly to Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse, Hero U: Rogue To Redemption and The Journey of Iesir.

Oh and Jack Houston and The Necronauts, been salivating over that for years.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 04 January 2013 04:56 AM

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/01/2013-preview/3/

Wow,everything looks so old,2013 going to be absolute year of deja vus.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Apart from the kickstarters, The Journey of Iesir is the one that has me the most interested. Really looking forward to some updated info on that one.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Here’s a much more thorough list.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

diego - 05 January 2013 04:34 AM

Here’s a much more thorough list.

Yeah, extremely thorough. Culpa Innata 2… City of Metronome… Until I’m Gone… and many other games that will never see the light of day.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

They’re under the cancelled category.  Kiss  (just click on any of those titles to go into the categories and links)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Yes, “thorough” is a euphemism. I guess you didn’t understand my sarcasm.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nah, I did Laughing. I should have posted this and this page from the site. Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top