• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

FlorusJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Unable to get past cookie settings

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

A couple of days ago I was prompted to accept/reject cookie settings for the site as happens from time to time. However, this time I couldn’t get past confirm. Absolutely nothing happened and that was both in rejecting all and accepting site standards. This was using Firefox. Tried DuckDuckGo browser and exactly the same happened.
To post this I’m using Microsoft Edge but that’s a browser I seriously dislike, mainly because I believe it to be less secure than the aforementioned two.
My suspicion is that the site provider has changed something as both Firefox and DuckDuckGo are very security conscious and are blocking something - that something almost certainly to do with the provider.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Update.

It would appear that somewhere the cookie problem has been resolved (site provider most likely but unknown for certain) as Firefox now lets me in. Need to check with DuckDuckGo browser though. So that’s good.

However. In trying Firefox this morning I, somewhat stupidly, decided to first click on the “accept recommended” or whatever it is. Since it’s not what I want I’ve searched to change it back to “reject all but necessary cookies” but can’t find the option anywhere.

Any pointers please?

Just checked DuckDuckGo and that now lets me in without prompting for cookies so it’s reasonable to assume that the cookie settings are stored in my profile.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I don’t think you can bring up the options without the cookie expiring and/or deleting the cookie manually.

‘euconsent-v2’ seems to be the name of the cookie that you’ll need to remove.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Dale - 04 July 2023 10:21 AM

I don’t think you can bring up the options without the cookie expiring and/or deleting the cookie manually.

‘euconsent-v2’ seems to be the name of the cookie that you’ll need to remove.

Thanks Dale, I’ll look into it.
As I understand it though that is illegal here in the UK as the option MUST be available to set cookies as you wish them to be as it’s part of the data privacy laws/data protection act. Something that might need to be taken up with the website provider perhaps.
Thanks again, appreciated (and not trying to cause trouble, honest Laughing )

Edited to add that I just cleared the site cookies for here and I got the prompt for cookie settings and it accepted the rejection so all is good from that point of view Thumbs Up

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2019-02-12

PM

Hi Jabod, and anyone else who’ll please help.

Can you help me with pointers as to how to stop the cookie screen popping up every time I change page or refresh please?

This has been happening since Tuesday on desktop and on Android.

I asked this this afternoon and my ‘new’ post has been deleted without explanation or notification.

Thanks in advance. Smile

Image Attachments

0_Untitled-2.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Live your wildest dreams;
Take a leap, or climb, run or fly.
You may fall;
But anything is better than falling .. standing still.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Gabriel - 23 November 2023 05:18 PM

I asked this this afternoon and my ‘new’ post has been deleted without explanation or notification.

It hadn’t been deleted. It’d been moved to the ‘Privacy & Transparency’ pop-ups thread which already addressed the same issue.

Anyway, the site admin will have to look into the issue, since it’s affecting multiple users - including a few of the mods. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2019-02-12

PM

Thanks.
I had no way of telling. All I saw was that it was gone. Same with a different post a couple of weeks ago.
Thankyou, anyway.
👍

Live your wildest dreams;
Take a leap, or climb, run or fly.
You may fall;
But anything is better than falling .. standing still.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top