• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kathy rain directors cut

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Unofficial CPTs happen here all the time. I myself and several people want this CPT, and winning the vote is not guaranteed. I’ll actually nominate the Shapeshifting detective for the next official CPT, who knows when the Ring CPT will end, and voting takes weeks, so I’ll see you all in two days…

The bottom line is that no matter what I do some people will be happy, some others not. And I can’t do it my way either so we got what we got….

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Okay, I hope you get the support.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Maybe there’s a compromise here. The game isn’t available until 10/26 Let’s give the current CPT a week to finish. That’s 10/31. If they’re finished by then, a new round of voting starts. If KRDC wins the voting, then that’s the new CPT. If it either loses in the voting, or the current CPT isn’t finished by 10/31, an unofficial playthrough will start. Either way the game will be played.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 24 October 2021 05:35 PM

Maybe there’s a compromise here. The game isn’t available until 10/26 Let’s give the current CPT a week to finish. That’s 10/31. If they’re finished by then, a new round of voting starts. If KRDC wins the voting, then that’s the new CPT. If it either loses in the voting, or the current CPT isn’t finished by 10/31, an unofficial playthrough will start. Either way the game will be played.

Sold! Sounds like a plan……this will give some people the time they need to prepare for the CPT.

See y’all on the 31st…….

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

And we are LIVE! Thumbs Up

You can get the game right now on your preferred platform below!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1395030/Kathy_Rain_Directors_Cut/
GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/kathy_rain_directors_cut
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/app/kathy-rain-directors-cut/id1529574744
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rawfury.kathyrainse

If you own the game on Steam, make sure to select the “Loyal Detective Bundle” to use your -50% discount!

Switch version is lagging slightly behind, and will tentatively launch on Friday, Oct 29!

I sincerely hope you will all enjoy your return to Conwell Springs, and I will join you all on the 31st for the community playthrough Smile

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I couldn’t remember where I’d bought the game before but found it on GOG ....excellent I got the discount straight away on buying the DC!  Thumbs Up Sadly I don’t have time to play for a while.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Got it, looks great so far. I’ll stop here for now. We’re going to have a great time!

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The first reviews of the game are in. They say it’s MUCH improved over the original. So for you people who have not played it, your ship has come in. It is time for you to get this multi award winning game and join the fun!
As for all the people who have played it before, it’s different enough to buy the upgrade.

Read this:

https://www.pcinvasion.com/kathy-rain-directors-cut-review/

Ok, who’s on board for a CPT? We can delay it for a few weeks if we need too…….I’ve played some of the beginning and just LOVE IT……..this award winning game is so much better now…

Heart

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Got it!

Yes this is what I have been waiting for. I will start my run this or next week. Finishing up some games now.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I’ll pass. The review said the content is mostly unchanged, and it was the content I didn’t like. The graphics and voice acting were already nice in the original, and not much else.

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Luhr28 - 28 October 2021 02:17 AM

I’ll pass. The review said the content is mostly unchanged, and it was the content I didn’t like. The graphics and voice acting were already nice in the original, and not much else.

Yeah, if you didn’t like anything but the graphics and VO in the original game and saw no other redeeming qualities, you definitely shouldn’t get the Director’s Cut Smile It’s not like we threw out the story and gameplay entirely and made a totally different game.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Luhr28 - 28 October 2021 02:17 AM

However, in the first half-hour of the game I got a completely new scene and had to solve a major new puzzle - both NOT in the original game.

So, I’m a very happy camper……..

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Origami - 28 October 2021 01:40 AM

Got it!

Yes this is what I have been waiting for. I will start my run this or next week. Finishing up some games now.

You should wait and join our CPT……….it’s starting soon with the developer too…….with you aboard it would be real fun……

Heart

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I think i will pass, i loved some aspects of the original but loathed others. Have fun with the playthrough guys. although when there is a sequel to Whispers of a machine, I’m first in line.

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Today we launch Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut on the Nintendo Switch in Europe and North America!

*Edit And it’s OUT! Laughing

Get it here:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/kathy-rain-directors-cut-switch/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top